X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

I can see I need to explain myself regarding the wounding mechanism of this bullet. It's not your traditional mushroom. I'll work up a kind of info sheet. . . .
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Casper77
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      I can see I need to explain myself regarding the wounding mechanism of this bullet. It's not your traditional mushroom. I'll work up a kind of info sheet. . . .
      Will the terminals be like the M855A1?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Sort of, I can see what you're saying. But more like a slightly mushrooming flat-nosed solid — assuming testing bears it out.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• Attackship
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2015

Hey guys- first time poster, long time lurker. Great to see you all working together on this. Looks like it will be an interesting bullet. Good luck!

Comment

• Mopardoctor
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

Graf & Sons are selling a line of bullets from Aussie Copper Projectiles. They have 100G & 120G HP in .264. 100% copper and completely CNC machined. Only down side is the cost, $66.59 for a box of 50. OUCH!

Comment

• Stevil
              Banned
              • Dec 2015

I spend more than $66.59 for fuel and range fee's so $1.25 for a premium hunting bullet seems pretty low in the big scheme of things !

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Something like this?

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Mopar doc- ACP called me from Ausy 3 weeks ago to explain it all. His pills mimic the Gmx units, They are Awesome! He shoots between 40-300 animals per week mate.

Comment

• customcutter
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Mopardoctor View Post
                    Graf & Sons are selling a line of bullets from Aussie Copper Projectiles. They have 100G & 120G HP in .264. 100% copper and completely CNC machined. Only down side is the cost, $66.59 for a box of 50. OUCH!
                    I load tungsten for my turkey loads. The last I bought was over $60/lb, and that was a couple of years ago. I buy 5 lbs at a time. There is 2oz's of shot in a shell, or $7.50 just in shot. But it will put 400+ shot in a ten inch circle at 40 yds, and is twice as dense as lead. It's a bargain compared to the cost of the trip, equipment, out of state licenses, etc. It's all relative.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Had a production glitch in that our machinist was shipped the wrong grade of copper. Broke several hundred dollars worth of carbide tooling before he figured out what the heck was going on. Supplier said something about "wrong mill test reports."

Anyway, two steps forward, one step back, and now one step forward again!

New copper rod is in and we'll be back on track soon!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• kmon
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2015

So if I am thinking this bullet right the wound canal will be something like a pistol bullet with a wide meplate bludgeoning its way through with deep penetration post expansion. Temporary wound canal should be a bit larger since velocity will be higher.

Comment

• Roe
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2014

Very nice project, will be following with interest! A guy has been doing good stuff with same type custom 85gr 6,5mm bullets here and dropping some MONSTER red deer with them.

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Roe, you're talking of ACP, right?

BFT!!!! Did you post the prototype pic you sent me? Get it up !

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Pic of First Complete Prototype

First prototype done. Machinist sent pic. Production run scheduled starting Monday.

Purpose-designed for 6.5 Grendel first, other 6.5s second.

Sleek form factor. High BC. Copper body. Aluminum tip (no melting!). 95 grains. Magazine friendly overall length 1.25", nose length 0.740". High velocity.

Grendelicious!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• stanc
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

Neat! Maybe useful as a surrogate for ballistic testing of an EPR round? I wonder what the BC is?

Comment

Working...
                                X