What triggers are you guys running in your Grendels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajasonc
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by ClichedUsername View Post
    My $107 (with shipping) Larue MBT was just shipped. Looking forward to placing it in my build.
    Its been awhile but how long did it take to get it.

Comment

• hydrotech
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

I put a velocity 3 pound trigger in my gendel recently...works great, no creep and breaks crisp. i like it. however it is the first aftermarket drop in i have tried so i can't really compare it to anything else. was $135

Comment

• drewthebrave
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

I have a Geissele SSA, a LaRue MBT and an ALG QMS. I have had the SSA the longest, and just recently tried the MBT. The QMS is what I use on my AR Pistol. For the money, the MBT is hard to beat, but I still think the SSA is the best I've used.

Comment

• ClichedUsername
          Bloodstained
          • May 2016

Originally posted by pajasonc View Post
          Its been awhile but how long did it take to get it.
          Sorry, I just now saw your post. Because the trigger had shipped at time of posting I received it a few days later. Overall waiting time was just over a month. I placed the order on 9/7/16 and had the trigger in hand by 10/18/16.
          I hope this helps.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
            Warrior
            • Aug 2015

Trigger.

Folks,

I run an Elf trigger in mine fantastic. Adjustable, clean break. But not cheap. A2

Comment

• irickchad
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2016

Geissele SSA-E in mine.

Comment

• jdelong
                Warrior
                • Feb 2017

Larue

Comment

• Bruw
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2017

My MBT's and Geiselle's are neck and neck. I'd give the nod to the MBT because I like the wider trigger shoe. With the difference in price, I don't buy anything but MBT's anymore

Comment

• RedXds
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2016

Geiselle National Match for me. I couldn't pass on the price for a used model. But the Hypertouch 24C and MBT are incredible

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2015

For those of you guys running MBT's, do you ever have any issues with the first stage? Every once in awhile my first stage is kind of "grabby" right at the start. No issues with the second stage.

The SSA-E and MBT side by side are pretty close for me, but I'd have to give it to the SSA-E for being more consistent due to the issue I stated above with the MBT. Even the SSA-E is not as light as I would like though. I wish I would've sprung the little bit extra for the Hi Speed NM, but I was swayed by all the praise the SSA-E received. I am jaded by the Timney's in my bolt guns and even my Savage adjustable accu-trigger is more favorable. I'm looking for that super light yet adjustable crisp trigger like you find on the factory Tikka's and would be willing to go single stage so I've been looking at perhaps dropping in a Timney or a Jewell.

Comment

• Trapeze
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2017

I am using Rock River Arms 2 stage triggers. I adjust the second stage down to as low as 8 oz. by driving out the disconnector axis pin, then reducing the disconnector spring to about .2400", or about 1-1/2 loops. Varies with the spring. I then reinstall the spring and pin, using a pointed punch followed by a flat punch to "peen" the pin so it stays in place. Because the first stage is nearly 2 pounds, my testing has shown that the trigger will not trip if you drop the rifle. Your mileage may vary.

Very nice $90 trigger. When you pull the first stage to the wall of the 2nd stage, your body adjusts to the pressure, then your shot is only 1/2 pound away.

Comment

• Lightsabr2
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2017

I built my rifle (an AR) with a drop-in Timney cassette 3lb single-stage. It's incredibly smooth, and I don't want the take-up of a 2 stage. It's my first build, and I was happy to save steps on construction.

Comment

• brian y
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
                            For those of you guys running MBT's, do you ever have any issues with the first stage? Every once in awhile my first stage is kind of "grabby" right at the start. No issues with the second stage.

The SSA-E and MBT side by side are pretty close for me, but I'd have to give it to the SSA-E for being more consistent due to the issue I stated above with the MBT. Even the SSA-E is not as light as I would like though. I wish I would've sprung the little bit extra for the Hi Speed NM, but I was swayed by all the praise the SSA-E received. I am jaded by the Timney's in my bolt guns and even my Savage adjustable accu-trigger is more favorable. I'm looking for that super light yet adjustable crisp trigger like you find on the factory Tikka's and would be willing to go single stage so I've been looking at perhaps dropping in a Timney or a Jewell.
                            I have had no problems with my MBT's no issues with the first stage at all. I find the MBT's to be smooth with no grabby issues.
                            NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

Working...
                            X