What triggers are you guys running in your Grendels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 6.5 Grendel
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Hiperfire 24C 2lbs.
    "One Good Shot Is All I Need."

Comment

• CCinPA
      Unwashed
      • Nov 2015

ALG Quality Mil Spec in the 16" 5.56 Adams Arms. Geissele high speed national match DMR in the 24" Grendel.

Comment

• olde sarge
        Warrior
        • May 2014

Hiperfire Hipertouch 24E, 2.5lb spring. Really liking it.

Comment

• hydrotech
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

has anyone had any experience with Velocity drop in triggers. I am curious how clean they break and if they have any travel or creep. Are they as good as a Timney single stage? http://www.velocitytriggers.com/shop.php

Comment

• Drift
            Warrior
            • Nov 2014

...Ah the Alexander Arms tactical trigger works quite well for me . It feels like a rod of glass breaking. At first it was bump firing 2-3 round bursts every time I pulled the trigger. But its fixed now... Good thing no one noticed when it was bump fireing.

Comment

• customcutter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Drift View Post
              ...Ah the Alexander Arms tactical trigger works quite well for me . It feels like a rod of glass breaking. At first it was bump firing 2-3 round bursts every time I pulled the trigger. But its fixed now... Good thing no one noticed when it was bump fireing.
              What do you mean "no one"?

BTW, I like my RRA NM 2 stage.

Comment

• 1075 tech
                Warrior
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
                has anyone had any experience with Velocity drop in triggers. I am curious how clean they break and if they have any travel or creep. Are they as good as a Timney single stage? http://www.velocitytriggers.com/shop.php
                I put a 3# Velocity drop in my 5.56 until I get my 6.5 build done. I cannot compare to a Timney as I have never used one. I believe the designer of the Velocity used to work for Timney. I like it. Very clean. Smooth. Little to no creep or over travel. World of difference from the mil-spec that I have on another lower. I am just getting into this swapping parts for this or that. I don't have a lot of extra $$ to spend to try 4 or 5 different triggers. I read the reviews for the Velocity and figured it was worth it as it's nearly $100 less than Timney.

Comment

• SSK shooter
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2015

started with a geissele ssa-e it was good. switched to a high speed national match and I like that much better.

Comment

• Squatchy
                    Bloodstained
                    • Nov 2015

If you end up buying one you can get them for around $120 shipped here using coupon code VELO1. I spoke with another member on here who said it's identical to the Timney 3lb match trigger which I thought was an excellent trigger so I picked one up myself. I'll let you know when it gets here!

Comment

• hydrotech
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 1075 tech View Post
                      I put a 3# Velocity drop in my 5.56 until I get my 6.5 build done. I cannot compare to a Timney as I have never used one. I believe the designer of the Velocity used to work for Timney. I like it. Very clean. Smooth. Little to no creep or over travel. World of difference from the mil-spec that I have on another lower. I am just getting into this swapping parts for this or that. I don't have a lot of extra $$ to spend to try 4 or 5 different triggers. I read the reviews for the Velocity and figured it was worth it as it's nearly $100 less than Timney.
                      cool thanks for the info. I am thinking of buying one.

Comment

• hydrotech
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Squatchy View Post
                        If you end up buying one you can get them for around $120 shipped here using coupon code VELO1. I spoke with another member on here who said it's identical to the Timney 3lb match trigger which I thought was an excellent trigger so I picked one up myself. I'll let you know when it gets here!

http://www.gotammollc.com/VELOCITY-A...ER-p/velo1.htm
                        cool thanks for the coupon code. for sure let us know how you like it!

Comment

• pinzgauer
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2011

LMT 2 Stage, love it. Cheap upgrade if you buy as complete lower.

ALG QMT with White Oak Parts kit in another lower

Comment

• Geary
                            Unwashed
                            • Dec 2015

On the other forum I am a member of we just had a group buy with them and many of us are having fitting issues with it interfering with the safety selector. And customer service has been hit or miss. I bought a curved 3.5# of which is going in my grendel build soon. I'll let you know how it does, but so far I am not too impressed compared to the CMC trigger group buy that we had.

The trigger does have a very clean break with no creep at all.

Comment

• SG4247
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2013

AR Gold trigger!

Surprisingly, I just counted (9) nine of them. Have one SSA in the package, not being used.

All are set at 6 oz first stage, and 14 oz second stage. 20 oz total.

Love them.
                              NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• Squatchy
                                Bloodstained
                                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Geary View Post
                                On the other forum I am a member of we just had a group buy with them and many of us are having fitting issues with it interfering with the safety selector. And customer service has been hit or miss. I bought a curved 3.5# of which is going in my grendel build soon. I'll let you know how it does, but so far I am not too impressed compared to the CMC trigger group buy that we had.

The trigger does have a very clean break with no creep at all.
                                After installing mine in the wrong order I can see where there would be a problem with the safety selector. This is what did to get mine installed--Slide trigger in, put the front pin in(closest to barrel),slide safety in, put rear pin in, put in set screws. You can also put the safety in before putting any of the pins in

Comment

Working...
                                X