X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alicea8541
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

Big brown truck dropped off (4) of the (17)round E-Lander magazines and a barrel thread saver. Magazines seem way better built than my ASC mags. Looking forward to getting this 2nd Grendel completed and rounds sent down range. It will be my hunting rifle. Gonna put my 20" Grendel in to service as a paper puncher.
    JADE Precision, LLC
    Military and Technical Development Advisor
    Sponsors: Athlon Optics, Etymotic Research, and Kestrel Meters

Comment

• Rainman
      Bloodstained
      • May 2015

I just received three, a 10, 17 and 25, E-Lander magazines with my new Black Friday sale AA 16" Lightweight upper. I took them apart to check everything and the finish and build quality is excellent-very slick metal surface finish and meticulous construction. I haven't shot them yet but they are loaded to bed the springs and anxiously waiting their first range session next week. I don't remember any rattles and can't easily get to the safe now to check because of a house full of guests for the weekend.

Comment

• Dentite
        Unwashed
        • Jun 2015

Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to try some E-landers.

Comment

• ahillock
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

Just getting into the 6.5 Grendel. Looking at getting some magazines and going with E-Lander. How would you guys distribute the order of 10rd, 17rd, and 24rd magazines? I'd like to have 10 total magazines. 5 24rd, 3-4 17rd and 1-2 10rd?

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I think how you use your 6.5 Grendel will determine what mags you want. When I built my 16" 6.5 Grendel I anticipated going hog hunting so I bought one 25 round mag, three 14 round mags, one 10 and one 5 round mag. I also thought in a pinch the 16" 6.5 Grendel could be used in a SHTF.

I have since built a 20" 6.5 Grendel and have only used the shorter mags, never the 25 round mags. Since the release of the 17 round E-Lander I would be satisfied with them as a do everything mag. The 17 rounders have significant capacity, are easily shot off the bench and don't add a lot of weight to the gun. If there were a mag capacity limit for hunting I'd have two or three of them.

In my 16" 6.5 G rifle case I have five 25 round (4 ASC & 1 CP) mags one 10 round (ASC). In my rifle case for my 20" 6.5 G I have two E-Lander 17 round mags, 3 CP 14 round, one 10 round E-Lander, one 10 round ASC, one 10 round CP (only holds 9) and one 5 round CP which only holds 4 rounds and is rarely used.

I started out with a 6.5 Grendel in 2009 when only C Products mags were on the market. When ASC started selling mags I bought a few of those and now have bought E-Landers. I have no issue with my 25 round mags and like the ASC better than the original C Products even though they function. If I were buying all new mags now I would buy several 17 round E-Lander.
            Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-28-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Steamburn
              Warrior
              • Apr 2015

Yes, E-Landers are great, but any magazibe sold by AA work perfectly (PC or ASC).
              CPs or ASCs bought somewhere else are a crap shot. Good luck with them!

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                Warrior
                • Jan 2016

Ordered a couple for the hay of it...

Comment

• rocksoldier1
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2013

Just got two 10 rounders that both rattle. At least in mine, the rattle is a couple of rounds moving front to back. Shine a light down in there and turn the mag slowly, should be able to see a round or 2 sliding.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

I have a few c products I bought 2 yrs ago for a build that has just taken a lot longer than I planned. So I finished the build Last night and threw the empty mag in and the thing barely would go in. The lower has a coat of cerakote on it.
                    It had to be forced in there. So I grabbed a million spec aluminum 556 mag and fit like a glove and dropped out on his on.
                    So I will be ordering a few E landers of different sizes.

Comment

• BarrelNut
                      Bloodstained
                      • Nov 2015

Elander's from AA fit great in my Aero lower. The max COAL you can load them to is ~2.265" since they are double walled on the front end.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

I just put calipers to the C Products and DSG mil spec alum and the C Prod is .015 thicker.

Comment

• sneaky one
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Elanders ran just fine 1.5 wks ago. 17 rounders.

BN , they are all made that way with metal. 2 halves are spot welded together-side by side- to make the magazine.

The original C product mags were iffy. Stainless steel, warped thru the tempering processes, then spot welded together. 50 % chance on getting a decent one. I had 3 bad boys.
                          Only 1 ten rounder was decent I almost sent my Grrr upper back. Very upset with cycling issues.

Christian , from Cavalry Arms helped me on the C products mag issues Back in 2008. Un flippin real...

New Elanders appear to be made from High strength steel instead.. A way stronger metal- that will resist bending, warping , etc.

Hat's off to Bill A on this! Thank you!

BTW, the ASc mags have been good too.
                          Last edited by sneaky one; 03-02-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2015

i just got some of these from aa. the 17 rounder got dented in shipping so it only holds 13 or 14 rounds now. but it works.

Comment

Working...
                            X