• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

speer 90 gain TNT

so i cannot find my second edition to see data and am just wondering what kind of luck anyone has had loading these. i would think that they would get maximum velocity and am hoping that at that maxed out velocity they would still be accurate. anyone do any workup using them? i would bet best powder is a faster burner like 8208. i gotta find my book!?!
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

8208, H335, RL-7, H322, Benchmark would all be good choices. Sure there are others, just what comes to mind that I have in my shelf

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

What gas system and barrel lengths do you have? They need a bit of oomph to cycle the gun.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

At one point, Alexander Arms offered this as a factory loading. They still have reloading data on their website: 90 TNT / 30.0-30.5 Hodgdon Benchmark / CCI450 / 2.200 OAL.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

At this point i have 16 and 20 inch barrels. Found my book. Gonna try the 335

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Another good powder for the 85 to 95 grain 6.5 Grendel is Ramshot Xterminator which is Accurate A2230 powder. Fortunately I had some of this powder on hand as I haven't seen any for sale since the fire at the Belgium powder factory.

Comment

• Kendoist4162
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2015

I've shot these with H335 in my AA 18". Worked up a ladder starting at 28.5 and found two nodes at 29.5 and then at 31.0 gr. Haven't shot for velocity yet though I suspect I'll be using the 31.0 load. Did see some cratering in the primers but didn't get the sense that they were going to blow. I was using Hornady brass that had been fired 3-4 times for the test loads. Pressures might change in the summer time so I'll do another work up in May or so.

Comment

• ruger
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2015

My 90 grain TNT load

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                so i cannot find my second edition to see data and am just wondering what kind of luck anyone has had loading these. i would think that they would get maximum velocity and am hoping that at that maxed out velocity they would still be accurate. anyone do any workup using them? i would bet best powder is a faster burner like 8208. i gotta find my book!?!
                I have a 24 inch OW and I get 2856 fps from 29.9 grain Benchmark oal 2.200"

Comment

• lead chucker
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Both my 18" and 12" barrel loves them with benchmark. Don't have my days in front of me.

Comment

Working...
                  X