AA Offering 10.5" Uppers Again

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

i literally just ordered the lilja 11.5" barrel. and an alg handguard. i wish i had seen it just a few minutes earlier to have another choice.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
      Warrior
      • Mar 2015

how do short barrel 6.5's fare? i just sent off mt form 1 for a SBR and will be doing a 300bo with it but wouldnt mind a second upper.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

6.5 Grendel in an SBR packs a lot of performance into a very small package. Since the case has a 30 degree shoulder, burn efficiency is very good, and high BC's retain a lot of energy.

The 129gr ABLR from an SBR makes an excellent hunting set-up, for example.

From a 10.5" pushing 2160fps, you would still have expansion out to 700yds at sea level, not that you would ever shoot that far with a 10.5" on game.

100gr BTHP from 10.5" will hit 2500fps.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• RicosRevenge
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

LRRPF52... sorry for the 6.5 n00b question -

I am here to research my next build. My optimum set up would be a 10.5" barrel suppressed to use for hunting (hogs, TX deer, coyotes). I'm guessing you shoot suppressed so a few questions:

1. Is the 1:7.5" twist the way to go
          2. Are the numbers you posted with a suppressor
          3.. What suppressor are you running (I'll be running a Saker 762)

Thanks!

~ Rico

Comment

• lead chucker
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by motoxxx_ryder View Post
            how do short barrel 6.5's fare? i just sent off mt form 1 for a SBR and will be doing a 300bo with it but wouldnt mind a second upper.
            This is what I did last year. I have a 8" blkout and a 12.5" grendel SBR. You wont be disappointed in either. The grendel is just awesome as a SBR. Its been my favorite build so far. I do love the 8" blkout suppressed with subs though.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
              Warrior
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
              This is what I did last year. I have a 8" blkout and a 12.5" grendel SBR. You wont be disappointed in either. The grendel is just awesome as a SBR. Its been my favorite build so far. I do love the 8" blkout suppressed with subs though.
              yea im building the SBR 300 for suppressed only. its what the caliber was designed for.

now you guys have me wanting a SBR 6.5, perfect to toss in my backpack with my coyote caller and hop on the dirtbike to hit spots trucks cant make it!

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

I have a 12.5" grendel too it's just hand tightened so far but I just look and drool over it! It'll be my main hunting rifle and soon as Michigan approves cans for hunting I'll add that. I'm a Rugged Silencer fan. Have the Surge in jail and I think the next one will be the Razor or if I can the 6.5 @ 7" by TBAC for precision shooting.

Yes I gotta get it put together asap lol
                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2015

just curious for those with the shorter barrels. does powder choice change with the short barrel?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by motoxxx_ryder View Post
                    just curious for those with the shorter barrels. does powder choice change with the short barrel?
                    Doesn't need to, although one could work up a more optimum load for a shorter pipe. We still have very fast twist with the short barrels.

AA uses 1/7.5" twist.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Dope6.5
                      Unwashed
                      • Jul 2015

Will a 10.5 push a 129 ablr that fast? I'm leaning towards them for my 14.5

Comment

• rb288
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2014

Does anyone have any information on when production on these uppers will commence?

I placed a pre-order back in Feb. and have not been able to get any information from AA.
                        I did get an order confirmation email, but nothing since.

Just curious as to how long it might be before they are shipping, or if I just let it ride.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

They will get it out. Just be patient. I just got notification of shipping on an order that is only a few weeks old.

They have dealers all around the Nation to fill rifle and ammo orders with too for 300 Blckout, .17 HMR, .50 Beowulf, 5.56 NATO, and the .338 LM Ulfberht.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Stainless steel barrel? Does nobody offer chromed bores anymore?

Comment

• am4966
                              Chieftain
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                              Stainless steel barrel? Does nobody offer chromed bores anymore?
                              Alot of barrels are getting Nitrided/Melonited after being finished. There are barrels made with chromelining still, they are chambered in 556 nato. I personally prefer a Nitrided barrel, ill have another Grendel barrel that way after I get my next barrel made.
                              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                              X