X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schrödinger's cat
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2015

What type of mount are you using to compensate for this drop ? And what scope if you don't mind my asking.

Comment

• PredatorDown
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

Scope is a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP, and the mount is an Aadland Engineering Select-a-Slope mount. There's composite inserts to change the cant, and it is currently set at 30MOA. In order to get me to the mile I have to put it to 50MOA, max out the internal adjustment of the scope, and hold over the entire reticle. Also, with the 50moa inserts in the closest I can zero is right around 700 yards. I usually just say screw it and zero at 1000 lol

Comment

• dfp23
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2015

PD- great shooting! What was your DA for that day?- just curious...

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

I remember watching PD's 1000 yard milk jug shoot over a year ago, and i've never been so pleased to watch a shooter hit his mark. During the video you can hear some others guys shooting and playing around with their rifle seemingly not paying attention to the young man shooting his ar-15 gas gun at a puny 1000k mark.. I think it was the 4th shot? He smacked it and the jug erupted, following by the LRSU guy yelling "BOOM!!". I decided that day I was looking into this neat little cartridge, and a year later I'm one of the biggest advocates in northern Maine for the Grendel, and a AA FFL dealer. I'm thinking Predatordown should get some free AA advertisement stuff=))

Comment

• PredatorDown
            Warrior
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by dfp23 View Post
            PD- great shooting! What was your DA for that day?- just curious...
            Not familiar with the term DA, or I'd be happy to share

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
            I remember watching PD's 1000 yard milk jug shoot over a year ago, and i've never been so pleased to watch a shooter hit his mark. During the video you can hear some others guys shooting and playing around with their rifle seemingly not paying attention to the young man shooting his ar-15 gas gun at a puny 1000k mark.. I think it was the 4th shot? He smacked it and the jug erupted, following by the LRSU guy yelling "BOOM!!". I decided that day I was looking into this neat little cartridge, and a year later I'm one of the biggest advocates in northern Maine for the Grendel, and a AA FFL dealer. I'm thinking Predatordown should get some free AA advertisement stuff=))
            I wouldn't turn down some free stuff if you talked to the right people the only AA product I own is an elander mag though lol. I've thought about building a Beowolf for a while though

Glad the videos have gotten you to look into what is arguably the most versatile cartridge for the AR15 platform! I've tried to be plenty vocal to the guys in LRSU about it. I personally know of at least 5 rifles that have been built within my small shooting group due to mine.

Also been bugging the local Sportsman's Warehouse hunting manager to start carrying Grendel ammo, and after a couple of weeks it showed up on the shelves! Hoping it'll start being carried company wide, as they can never seem to keep it in stock...and I'm not even the one buying it

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

Are you still using the ar-comp load? How is that comparing vs your BLC-2 load? A lot of guys seem to default to 8208-XBR.

Comment

• PredatorDown
                Warrior
                • Jun 2014

I'm currently using the AR-Comp load, but will probably switch back to my BLC2 load soon once it warms up a little more. I've got 25#s of the BLC2 that needs to be used up, unless I decide to sell it. I'll save my 20#s of Comp until it's colder again or I run out of the other

Comment

• dfp23
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2015

PD-
                  DA = Density Altitude or whatever your atmospherics were for the day...

Comment

• PredatorDown
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2014

I'm honestly not sure. Altitude is right around 6000' and it was below freezing all day, but I don't recall the pressure

Comment

• Kilco
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2016

Damn you I'm jeleous!! I'm at 500-600 ft... compared to 6000 the atmosphere is like shooting through molasses..

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                        Damn you I'm jeleous!! I'm at 500-600 ft... compared to 6000 the atmosphere is like shooting through molasses..
                        You must be on top of a mountain . 36' here in Lafayette.
                        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Lol im on top a mountian compared to you rabiddawg lol 87 feet asl where im at lol couldnt admaigine shooting at the heights some of the guys on here get to shoot I would probably pass out from lack of oxygen lol.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

It's difficult to find any elevation near where I'm at lower than 4400ft elevation.

We'll be at 6,600 ft at many of the places I shoot. Hunting area for elk is 9,200 ft.
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• bwaites
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                              Lol im on top a mountian compared to you rabiddawg lol 87 feet asl where im at lol couldnt admaigine shooting at the heights some of the guys on here get to shoot I would probably pass out from lack of oxygen lol.
                              Yeah, and we'd feel like we were drowning in the humidity down there where you shoot!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2015

Awww come on the humidity aint that bad down here, the skeeters keeping a good breeze blowing on you is all you need to stay cool lmao.

Comment

Working...
                                X