• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slinkz
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2016

Upper and more parts questions

So, I'm building a new upper, and came across a deal for this:

Upper from ranier. Will this be good, or do you have any other sugestions? I feel like in the past I've hear thatd ranier has some issues with their uppers not fitting well with other lowers. I am also thinking about lapping but, have no idea how beneficial that would be and what I should use to do it.

The only parts I have/ have ordered are a Troy Bravo Battlerail that I'm debating keeping and a BHW 18" midlength barrel I'm waiting on.

Also, should I purchase an adjustable gas block? I won't be shooting suppressed, but wanted to know about their benefits. Thanks for nay help guys.
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

It's going to be hard to beat that.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Slinkz
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2016

Good enough for me. Any comments about gas blocks? I've read clamp on is better, and is it worth it to get adjustable? Or really, would I be fine with your run of the mill low pro

Comment

• am4966
        Chieftain
        • Jul 2014

I prefer clamp, and it's easier to fine tune the running of the gun with adjustable. So it just depends on you, and the length of gas system on barrel.

You can get adjustable Gas block in 50.00 range or up to 105.ish
        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
        X