Anybody ever try Ramshot xtermintaor with a 123gr amax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Squatchy
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2015

Anybody ever try Ramshot xtermintaor with a 123gr amax?

Looking at ramshots load data it looks like it can load the 123gr with ramshot xterm with less powder and lower pressure compared to ramshot tac but will yield the same velocity. I know xterminator is recommended for the lighter stuff but people seem to have success with the 120gr's. I am sitting on a few pounds of both tac and xterminator and will do a ladder for both unless you guys say it's not worth it
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I'm curious how Xterminator does with heavier bullets. I've used Xterminator with 90 grain TNT and 223/5.56 and I like the powder.

Comment

• Squatchy
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2015

I'm glad I was the guinea pig for this project. Don't use Xterminator with the 123gr amax. Results were very poor across the board which I was kinda expecting but I was hoping there was that small chance that this combo would yield sub MOA. Best results doing a ladder are shown below(over 1 inch @ 100 yards. I went from 25.5gr to 28.5 gr and there were no signs of over pressure on the 28.5gr load.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

You don't know til you try! Thanks for report. Chrono?
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Squatchy
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
          You don't know til you try! Thanks for report. Chrono?
          Didn't bother running chrono this time. Next ladder will be done with tac which I believe will yield much better results

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Tac is good stuff, x term is Tac"s backup.

Tac & x term are set for the trials of the Cerabus pill. It's coming soon.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

According to Western Powders Xterminator and Accurate 2230 are the same, exact same load data. Unfortunately I haven't seen either for sale since the powder foundry fire in Belgium a few years ago, same for A-2520.

Comment

• 454bore
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

I wish Xterminator and 2230 was easy to get.
                I get 3/4 inch groups with the 95 grain v-max and good velocity.
                I use XBR 8208 until some comes around again.

Comment

Working...
                X