• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingJD79
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2015

Scope Mount Advice

Horde.... I'm looking to purchase a scope mount for my Grendel Hunter from Alexander Arms. I'm getting the Viper PST 4-16x50 for my rifle and was leaning towards getting the Areo Percision mount. I'm not sure which one to get. They have the ultra-light, extended and the SPR scope mount. Can someone tell me what the "SPR" means? Also which one do y'all recommend I should get? Thanks in advance.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

I've got that scope on one of mine that is mounted on an Aero. All of their mounts are ultralights. The Extended version is offset forward an inch and the SPR is offset forward 2 inches from the standard.

I have the Extended version on mine. It's mounted at the front of the upper receiver rail and the eyepiece of the scope is just forward of the charging handle.

I'd suggest starting with the Extended version and seeing how your eye relief is for the scope. Most vendors will probably swap it out if you find you need one of the other versions.

FWIW, SPR is commonly an acronym for Special Purpose Rifle.

Comment

• Rainman
      Bloodstained
      • May 2015

I just installed the standard Aero Precision on my AA 16" Lightweight upper and it works fine with my Burris 3-9 FF II floater scope for break in and load development. It's $5.00 less than the forward mount but might not provide enough forward position for the size scope you are mounting. Ultimately my upper will end up with a 2-10x or 4-16x with better glass than the Burris so I may need to go to the forward mount. I recommend you start with the forward version. I bought my AP in January from Granite Ridge Outfitters and there was still a valid coupon that saved me around $15-$20 with free shipping but can't remember the source of the coupon. Check it out and there is a link here on the forum for the coupon source if you can find it.

Comment

• KingJD79
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2015

Drillboss,
        Ya mind posting a picture of your setup? Would love to see it if you don't mind.

Comment

• Lightning8
          Warrior
          • Jun 2015

I have multiple ARs with multiple versions of the AERO in 1 inch and 30mm. It works very well for me.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

If you are going to go shoot distance out in the open foothills and deserts of CA, I would recommend a 20 MOA scope mount.

Easy answer is the NightForce Unimount. It is one of the most trouble-free mounts I have owned, very lightweight, extremely strong, rings seem like they are already lapped and concentric to each other.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Drillboss
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by KingJD79 View Post
              Drillboss,
              Ya mind posting a picture of your setup? Would love to see it if you don't mind.
              I'll try to get it posted in the morning.

Hmmm... Having some trouble uploading new pics.
              Last edited by Drillboss; 02-05-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Drillboss
                Warrior
                • Jan 2015

IMGP0011.JPG

See how this looks. I couldn't go high resolution.
                Last edited by Drillboss; 02-05-2016, 07:33 PM. Reason: New pic

Comment

Working...
                X