• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Alliant 2000MR ?

Has anyone tried Alliant 2000MR powder in the 6.5 Grendel yet?

Have it from a good source that 2000MR is a ball powder that is more temperature stable and almost the same burn rate as Varget. Said they also get a little more velocity with 2000MR than Varget in their 308 target loads.
  • motoxxx_ryder
    Warrior
    • Mar 2015

i run 2000mr in my 308,. works best on the heavies. 185gr juggernaut 47 grains of 2000mr at 2730FPS

have not tested in the grendel though.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

These kinds of things are worth testing. Some guys seem to be finding that a 123gr in the 65G case IS a "heavy." LEVERevolution is giving surprisingly good velocities, for example.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

I'm pretty sure Bwild97 tested it and got very good results.

I got my new Chrony friday; a Gama Master. I spent all day Friday learning how to use it. Here are the results that I was able to "remember" to save. I forgot to add weather variables for that day of shooting: Temp - 78*f, Elev. 2300 ft., RH 55%, Hmg 24.87, Winds 0, Cloud Cover 0%
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

Thanks for the link. Know I remember some threads where members of the Horde were wanting a ball powder with more temperature stability than CFE offers and when a friend mentioned 2000MR has proven more temp stable than Varget it caught my attention.

Comment

Working...
          X