• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilecoyote
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

New glass

Bad things about shooting hobbies is projects never really seem to end. My Grendel has been a long term project of getting just the components I wanted. It is currently wearing a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 in a Nikon M223-XR mount. It is a good scope, but I have had my eye on a FFP MRAD scope.

I just got lucky and picked up a Steiner 3-12x50mm Military Tactical Riflescope. It will be in a LaRue mount. I can't wait for this to come in and get in on my rifle. A range trip and zeroing session will have to follow very quickly.

This project is almost complete.
  • Rainman
    Bloodstained
    • May 2015

Good for you! That is a major step up in optics quality. You will be spoiled forever. LaRue makes a lot of neat looking mounts but I've seen three break so I've been a Bobro and ADM user. For .22 rimfire and play ARs I've also had good luck with the budget priced Burris PEPR and SWFA S SALT recognizing they would not be appropriate choices for hard use ARs.

Comment

• dfp23
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2015

I beat up some ADMs pretty good and no issues yet... Post some pics when you get done-

Comment

• wilecoyote
        Warrior
        • Jul 2013

Thanks fellas. I will post some pics when I get everything settled.

I don't know if I will keep the LaRue mount. It will be the first and only LaRue piece that I have. Not that I don't like LaRue, I just use other things. The mount is coming along with the scope as a package. It is a nice mount, but I don't think it has the cant which is something I want. I believe it is an LT-111 OBR which doesn't have the cant because the cant is on the OBR rifle itself. Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I read the description. From all of the suggestions, the ADM is definitely something I will be looking into. The Bobro I have researched a little, but will dig into it deeper as well.

The scope itself was the major piece I wanted for my favorite rifle. It has the reticle and is MRAD. From everything I have read on planning to replace my scope, the Steiner fit what my requirements are and is a quality item.

Now I have to figure out how I want to got with the other 2 rifle projects I have going. The next scope will go on my Creedmoor and getting this Steiner will give me some familiarity with them.

For right now, I will probably place my Nikon on my other project (the new Grendel) just to get it out and running and start the whole process of changes if there are any to make it exactly what fits for me. That is provided I keep the newest.

Comment

• pdq5oh
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2015

I've heard nothing but good about the Steiner Military scopes. Can't imagine you won't be very happy with it.
          Phil

Comment

• wilecoyote
            Warrior
            • Jul 2013

So I got the scope and I am really liking it. Did a dry fit and found where the placement is that works for me. As a result, I will change the mount. So now I will look into selling of the LT111 and I think I will go with an ADM.

But here is the inbox ingredients

Last edited by wilecoyote; 02-14-2016, 01:46 AM. Reason: mispelling

Comment

• am4966
              Chieftain
              • Jul 2014

Love your scope! What reticle does it have?
              12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
              Surge - Rugged Suppressor
              Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• wilecoyote
                Warrior
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                Love your scope! What reticle does it have?
                Thanks. It has the G2B Mil-dot illuminated

Comment

Working...
                X