• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neenjuh
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2015

Need help picking out a brake--a complicated spin on things

So, I have a 20" Satern barrel coming in .875 contour, 9-16x24 threads. It tapers down to .790 right before the threads apparently. I want to go with a brake that will perform good, but I also want it to look good. I really wanted the PF LMD brake, but it tapers down to .725 which would look horrible matted up against a .790 barrel. I guess my only other option is to go with a brake like the WCI muzzle brake?
  • D.Davis
    Warrior
    • Sep 2013

Look at brakes on the AA site they use that thread pattern.

Comment

• neenjuh
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2015

Well, it's not necessarily the thread pattern. The are plenty of manufacturers making that thread pattern. The problem is finding one that will match up to the barrel so it looks decent. Instead of the brake tapering down to .725 then the barrel being .790. See what I mean?

Comment

• pkee
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2014

have a machine shop turn it down to match

Comment

• neenjuh
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2015

I have tried calling PF for two and a half weeks now to see if they could do turn it down to match. They never answer their phones, and I always leave a message. I have had one call back and missed it because I was on the other line. This week they are at the Great American Outdoor Show, so they are not even open. I am assuming they are a small company and are just covered up. Maybe I will be able to get them to answer next week. In the meantime, anyone else have any other possible suggestions or brakes? Leaning towards buying the WCI at this point.

Comment

• DRandi
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2013

Best performing brake I have found is the M4-72 from Precision Armament. Should blend very nicely with a .790" barrel. Use their alignment washers to time it. Word of caution though, it is loud!!! cause it works. http://precisionarmament.com/product...l-compensator/

David

Edit: You can find some pretty good comparison tests on youtube that actually have a force measuring scale to compare the effect.
            A nice walk in the woods helps me relax and relieves tension....

The fact I'm dragging a shovel and a body should be irrelevant...

Comment

• devildogandboy
              Warrior
              • Sep 2015

contact Nathan, i have several of his brakes and they work! i can shoot my 300RUM all day if i could afford to with no pain! he has great prices and should be able to set you up. http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/

Bruce
              HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

• ricsmall
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

I've not personally shot one of marks brakes from precision firearms but they scored very high marks in a published test. And no, I can't seem to find it again. I have shot the American precision arms brakes though, and they are very good brakes and highest rated among shooters in the prs series. Also try Templar consulting. I have one of his brakes and really like it but I don't think you'll find the diameter ur looking for.

Richard
                Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• neenjuh
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2015

Thanks for the input guys. I'll reach out to a few of these and see what they say.

Comment

• 82HALO
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

Maybe you try one of these and use a larger thread brake.

precisionarmament.com/product/m4-shoulderless-thread-adapter

Comment

Working...
                    X