• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourkorners
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2016

Hello from southern Colorado

New to 6.5 Grendel. Waiting for alexander arms 24" advanced weapon system upper with Shilen match grade barrel and a WCI muzzle brake. The alexander upper will be placed on a Rock River m4 lower. I started reading the post and I think I made a mistake buying the 24" barrel instead of the 20" barrel. The rifle will be used for the range mostly and maybe hunting.
  • davidj
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Welcome from New Mexico. You will like it here. How long ago did you order the 24" barrel?
    Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. -The Havamal

Comment

• leopard6.5
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2016

Welcome to the Horde! Remember it's not a hobby, it's an addiction. So have fun.

Lee

Comment

• fourkorners
        Unwashed
        • Feb 2016

date of order of Alexander Arms 6.5 upper

I ordered the AA 6.5 upper on 2/9/2016. I have no idea of shipping date. I will be buying ammo and scope while waiting. I decided it was cheaper to buy an upper than to buy a complete rifle as I already own a M4 lower. I am trying to read everything I can about this round. I decided on the 6.5 over the .300 black and after the post on the forum I am glad I chose the 6.5.

Comment

• devildogandboy
          Warrior
          • Sep 2015

welcome. you made the right decision and will have no regrets, it's a shooter!

Bruce
          HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde sir.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. You'll have plenty of real estate to shoot out to distance with in that area.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum, I like my Shilen 6.5 Grendel barrel, the Shilen exceeds my abilities.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Welcome aboard, 4K. You may be one of the few shooters on the board whose Grendel will be capable of sending a round through three different states (Local and federal laws, notwithstanding).
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• fourkorners
                    Unwashed
                    • Feb 2016

Thank you, the farthest I've shot is 500 ft. and that was when I was in the Marines. I look at YouTube at the long range shooters of Utah and they are having fun shooting long distances and enjoying the accomplishes of the ones who hit the jugs. I saw the video of the 6.5 Grendel shooter shooting the milk jug. way to go.

Comment

• davidj
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by fourkorners View Post
                      I ordered the AA 6.5 upper on 2/9/2016. I have no idea of shipping date. I will be buying ammo and scope while waiting. I decided it was cheaper to buy an upper than to buy a complete rifle as I already own a M4 lower. I am trying to read everything I can about this round. I decided on the 6.5 over the .300 black and after the post on the forum I am glad I chose the 6.5.
                      If you ordered it from AA you can probably change your order to a 20". I don't know what their timetable is like these days but if it is like it used to be you have plenty of time to change it.
                      Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. -The Havamal

Comment

Working...
                      X