X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, will you run data on my deer load?

28.5 grains TAC with the 123 AMAX
    Lapua, Wolf and Hornady brass

Lapua uses CCI450 primers, the wolf uses CCI Magnums, and the Hornady CCI450

Comment

Keep in mind at that time of the year the temps can be anywhere from Zero to 60F

The ammo might start out nice and warm but quickly comes to outside temps.

Comment

Joe,
        Thanks for the analysis. I havn't run into that situation before. I shot the NP loads just prior to the Sciroccos and 123 SMK's w/8208 after, and both registered normally. As far as the LVR powder - it did give me the increase in velocity I was looking for with no signs ofexcess pressure. It was a little dirtier than the 8208 but less than the BLC2.

Comment

Originally posted by warped View Post
          I would not hesitate to use a 129 SST on a hog, they are a pretty tough bullet and will definitely punch their ticket for them.

A Barnes solid would be another choice.
          was just looking through the hornady book, and they do list the 129sst as a capable round for medium game. Meanwhile, they only list the 123Amax as good for target and varmint use.

Comment

Originally posted by warped View Post
            Joe, will you run data on my deer load?

28.5 grains TAC with the 123 AMAX
            Lapua, Wolf and Hornady brass

Lapua uses CCI450 primers, the wolf uses CCI Magnums, and the Hornady CCI450
            I ignored the differences between brass and primers because I'm not yet sure how precise or accurate QuickLoad is. Same for temperature. QL assumes 70F and accommodates a temperature reset for single base powders that haven't been treated for temperature sensitivity. The program did not present the temperature reset option for TAC.

So, the results suggest that the 14.5" barrel would give about 2250-2300 ft/sec and the 19.5" barrel would yield more like 2400-2450 ft/sec. Pressures are at or near maximum and are likely consistent with soon to be published Ramshot test data for slightly different bullets.

Comment

Working...
            X