• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Testing NEW 6.5mm Cerberus 90 Bullet

Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Good to see you guys making some headway. Sneaky sent me a text or two but he held out on the loaded ammo pic!! Lol. Hope u guys had fun and looking forward to seeing the final load data/chrono and accuracy results.

ETA: first time I opened this post the chrono data didn't come up. Looks good. Those ought to fly outta my 22". I'm sure the cool aluminum tip will be attractive to my son to shoot out of his bolt gun. Can't wait.

John, what kind of bc do you think we are looking at?

Richard
      Last edited by ricsmall; 02-21-2016, 05:57 PM. Reason: Additional comments
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Attached Files

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

I have been looking forward to this more than you probably can guess. All it needs is another horrible pun in the title. How about "Testing Ceberus... for the rest of us!"?? I know it isn't as literary, but nothing else immediately came to mind.
            Last edited by KentuckyBuddha; 02-21-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Looks like a fun day testing. That water jug bullet test bullet looks great. That is going to make a mess of the internal components of some critters and hogs make such good bullet test media.

How many water jugs did it take to contain that one?

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Hmmmm.....I might revisit your RL7 loads, that drop needs repeat correlation. I planned on trying Xterminator, but looking at those numbers, 8208 might be the ticket. PM sent.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Bill, yes, there were a few anomalies. Sample size too small to draw conclusions. Sneaky had a gut feeling on the RL7 and I'll never push anyone to risk their gun. Could have been momentary and even he said he might retry on a different day.

RL7 and others — AA2200 and H335 — that on paper deserve serious consideration will be revisited.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Kmon, found in just the fourth jug. Sneaky's done other tests of his experimental bullets that went something like nine jugs? (He admitted the load might have been . . . hot. )

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Sneaky needs some new scope mounts, or he has a LONG head!

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Look at the Tac data. It slowed down, I wonder if we marked them in the wrong order- the RL 7 may be the same-oops.

Perfect excuse to try it again. I rechecked my 77 Gmx. It was 2974 from a 16" tube. That would be close to 3100 in a 20", 3200 in a 24".

Anyone that bought these cerbs., just use the XBR 8208 data for now- it's fine.

I also highly recommend the Magnetospeed. No more setting up a chrono, tripod, etc. We got the Sporter for & 190.00 shipped. Does it all.

So John was a tic bummed that the speeds were low,,, but he forgot- most published data from the powder companies , is through a 24" bbl. So add almost 200 fps. from my 16" gun.

So the xbr load was almost spot on to Hodgdens data. There is very little on the Cfe for lite pills, so we opened my Gmx notebook up. Same with RL 7.

Warm temps will return, we'll get this done, asap.

Comment

• sneaky one
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Bill, good one! My cheek bones dictate ultra high mounts. Us scanahoovians do what we have to to shoot well. Ha Ha !

BFT and I will use my 20" Entry upper next time, and find a way to muscle off the muzzle brake off of his 18, so we can get a lot more speed checks.

We will also do more accuracy tests. Being machined, they should fly just fine.
                          Last edited by sneaky one; 02-21-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2013

This is exciting.

Thanks to all of yall for doing this.

Reading this sure beats all these build what barrel gas block bolt threads.
                            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• sneaky one
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Almost forgot, we had something happen yesterday while loading, that I have Never witnessed before. I filled a new Hornady case with a charge of 34.4, CFE, the same I use with my Gmx-95 grn. Momentary lapse of reason? I pushed the 95 Cerb bullet home to an OAL of 2.26--- the base of the neck bulged out to .330 diam. The 95 Cerb & 95 Gmx are same length.

Recheck notes! I was loading my Gmx at 2.31- that extra 50 k gave the powder more space. We're always learning.

We shot the 90's. Mostly. The 95 prototypes they were deeper drilled in the cavity, to weigh 90.- It's bro hit the h2o jugs with no tip. That was the pictured pill. 2700 fps.

We lost the first pill,,, I re invented the way to capture pills , while standing in the snow with BFt. We are in a small learn curve time spot. TBD , .ASAP!

No more pills lost while testing. I'll make a prototype up soon.
                              We have a small laboratory backing us up, results should be soon. On the gel tests.
                              Last edited by sneaky one; 02-21-2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X