X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Oh crap... I have some money coming in soon... Must Finish My 12.5" Pistol Build First... But then...

Comment

• henschman
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2016

I have one and like it. I ranged antelope out to 1100 yards on my last hunt with it. Small, light, and easy to use. I guess now there is a newer version that integrates with ballistics software or something. Oh well, I got mine for under 400 last year and consider it a bargain.

Comment

• Frank45
        Warrior
        • Mar 2016

I was pretty happy with the vortex for the money until I saw this post.

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

I bit the bullet and got one since I last posted on this thread. Have been practising while walking the dog. Lased street signs across the river at 1,150M. Wasn't getting a return off the people nearby though. I also notice the laser is not exactly co-witnessed to the centre of the aiming circle on mine. It's a little offset at about 7O'Clock but still inside the aiming ring. This is only an issue when trying to lase small targets at longest ranges. Once you know where the zero is in the ring it becomes a non-issue.

The automatic lasing when pressing and holding the button is a great feature, especially for targets that are difficult to get a return on. You get a whole bunch of obviously further, background returns and in amongst them are a few returns of your target. Saves time.

Doesn't replace my laser binos but does compliment them. I'm more likely to carry something like this in a pocket and as the old saying goes, "Can't use it if you don't have it."

Comment

• diddlyv
            Warrior
            • Aug 2016

Sorta makes me sad I bought a Leica for slightly more money
            Queen of Battle
            Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• RicosRevenge
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

The Sig Kilo 2000 is at SWFA for $349.

Was messing with one this past Friday and hitting a silo with a Terrapin at 1803 yards. The Kilo 2000 read 1803.3 yards... so, yah... pretty dang good.

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

Comment

• Drift
                Warrior
                • Nov 2014

It's all good. But just think. In 18 months (Moors Law means) it will probably sell for 1/2 of what it sells for now.

Comment

• henschman
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post

The automatic lasing when pressing and holding the button is a great feature, especially for targets that are difficult to get a return on. You get a whole bunch of obviously further, background returns and in amongst them are a few returns of your target. Saves time.
                  Yep, this is how I lased those antelope out to 1,100 yds. I'd lase the background and sweep over them. When you saw a blip of a closer reading, that would be the target.

I got the LRI tripod mount sleeve for mine. A tripod really increases the useable range and speed of ranging distant targets. I didn't have an occasion to use it on that antelope hunt with the terrain, but it is nice to have anyway. It's really a feature that needs to be built into future versions of this LRF.

Comment

• Flyguy11
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

I am looking to order one now. Shopping tip for optics is to use the Mobile Website on www.opticsplanet.com with the chat option for the best prices. I just picked up a U.S. Optics LR-17 (3.2X17 X 44mm) scope for $2419.00 and on live chat them gave me a coupon code for an additional 5% off.

SWFA has the best deal on these for $349
                    Last edited by Flyguy11; 10-14-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Klem
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Drift View Post
                      It's all good. But just think. In 18 months (Moors Law means) it will probably sell for 1/2 of what it sells for now.
                      You're probably right...But by then there will be something better out there for full price, and that's why the Kilo will be half price.

Klem's Law states, You can buying something that is less than it could be for less than it was. Or, something that is as good as it can be for as much as it's ever going to be. Or, nothing, because the best it will ever be will never be less than it can be.

(I hope that came out right).
                      Last edited by Klem; 10-15-2016, 05:46 AM. Reason: I confused myself, which I do often.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                        You're probably right...But by then there's probably something better out there for full price, and that's probably why the Kilo will be half price.

Klem's Law states, You can buying something that is less than it could be for less than it was. Or, something that is as good as it can be for as much as it's ever going to be. Or, nothing, because the best it will ever be will never be less than it can be.

(I hope that came out right).
                        Sneakyone must have hacked your account
                        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Im thinking about trading in my leupold for one of these. Anyone have a chance to use one of these in low light and how did it perform?

Comment

Working...
                          X