• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ppierceall
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2016

Triggers

What is your favorite trigger for long range competition and why. Thank you all for your answers
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

I currently have a RRA 3.5lb trigger and I'm considering upgrading. I am looking for a general consensus on what is good and what is great. I'm throwing around the idea of going with the Timney 3lb match trigger but really want the Geiselle HSNM trigger (I missed their BF sale :mad:)

That thread is a long one. About a month ago I was bored and posted the totals for each trigger mentioned. It is not competition specific but will give you an idea of what is popular.

May want to try the search button.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• ppierceall
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2016

Thank you I went to the thread and researched, I ended up getting a SSA-E

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Good choice in triggers, wish I had tried one before putting a 3lb Timney in my Grendel, might change it out one of these days.

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by kmon View Post
          Good choice in triggers, wish I had tried one before putting a 3lb Timney in my Grendel, might change it out one of these days.
          +1, KMon.

While I liked my #3 Timney drop in just fine, I like the SSA-E even more. It feels smoother and even a bit lighter. As funds become available, I intend to move all my AR's over to SSA-E triggers. (That is, of course, assuming another even better trigger doesn't steal the show.)

Now the Timney on my Remmy 700, on the other hand, is very sweet. While it does not take much, it is very much a far cry from the original craptastic X-Mark Pro trigger.
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Herodrh
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2016

I decided not to venture into the 2 stage trigger world but I have fallen in love with the hiperfire 24C I installed in my 18" JP .223 wylde rifle. With the lightest (strongest) set of springs installed I get a letoff just above 2lbs with a smooth crisp letoff and short reset. Plus you still have the benefit of a hard hammer fall and a short lock time. Of course in the 2 stage world I hear that the Geissle DMR/Hi-speed match is a thing of beauty!

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

See the linked thread in post #2.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X