Help w/ scope mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/ scope mount

Just got my Les Baer Supermatch and I'm going to put a Vortex PST 6-24 on top (as soon as I can get one). Are the Larue LT158's high enough without having to use some kind of riser? Any need on the .264 LBC for more than 10moa slant to get to 1000 yards with this scope?
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

You'll actually want at least 20 MOA. The 123 Scenar has 43 MOA of drop from 100 yards to 1000.

You'll use 15-30 MOA just to get it zeroed at 100, and that scope has about 65 MOA of travel.

Great scope though!

Comment

Thanks! Looks like I'll call them tomorrow and get the LT112 coming.

Comment

I use the LT-112 with 20 MOA of cant...great mount. There aren't a lot of quality QD mounts with 20 MOA of cant built-in, so the market is high for them. LaRue has the best mounting method, in my opinion, with the best return-to-zero, and secure fitting to the rail.

Comment

I used the Nightforce 20 MOA mounts (& scope). Everything is lined up and I don’t plan on taking anything off! 20 MOA has worked well for me out to 700 yds.

Comment

• Drifter
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

LT-112 is indeed a good mount.

If you need a cantilever style with QD, ADM now offers a 20-moa base:

Drifter

Comment

You can't go wrong with the Viper PST. I traded off my Luepold MK IV for some Vipers (one a PST). They may cost less, but they are a better value IMO. I would put my PST up against a MK IV any day... If you want to compare to a Nightforce, I'm told that the Razor HD will give it a run for it's money, if not take it...

Comment

I have a Razor HD sitting in my office that keeps tempting me. I think I'd have to choose between that and my wife though.

Comment

Ummmm... welll..... ummmmm.... The scope does not talk back, you get all the pleasure you want from it, and it will never leave you... Sorry, I had to say it... haha.

Comment

I think the Razor HD is meant for larger caliber, long-range rifles, since it has tank-like construction with the 35mm tube, heavy duty target knobs and gears, and tons of elevation travel...more so than most of the other high-end scopes out there right now. It would look and feel out of place on an AR15 receiver set, but you definitely wouldn't need an MOA cant mount with it for 1000yds.

I recently put a Razor HD 5-20x50 up next to a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 indoors. They were very comparable in glass clarity, with an ever-so-slight edge to the NF, but I was indoors like I said. The things I like about the Vortex Viper PST's and Razor HD's is that the turrets and knobs use the same measurement system...MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA. This should have been done all along, but we've seen MilDot reticles with 1/4 MOA clicks for years and years for some crazy reason. The zero-stop on the Razor HD is one of the best ones out there, if not the best. It stops dead on your zero when you set it, versus going past it some like all the others.

I'll be getting a Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP here soon. You simply can't beat the price for the features that you get.
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-05-2011, 08:03 PM. Reason: x56 NF

Comment

Here she is with my temporary Viper HS 4-16 on it. Can't wait until my PST and Larue mount get here. I agree that the Razor is like a tank and not really matched well to this rifle, but it would fit more with this one than most AR's.

Les Baer Supermatch .264 LBC w/ 24" barrel. Test targets with factory Black Hills were a .201" and a .407" at 100.

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by blackfoot View Post
                        I have a Razor HD sitting in my office that keeps tempting me. I think I'd have to choose between that and my wife though.
                        Which version? I might be in the market for one.

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by blackfoot View Post
                          For sale or trade? Price if for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                            For sale or trade? Price if for sale?
                            PM sent

Comment

Working...
                            X