• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • customcutter
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Be careful out there!

While this isn't Grendel related, I will say that you can hunt turkeys on private property in Fl (at least you could in the past, although I don't), and some other states with rifles. I found this article while researching some of the WMA (public lands) here in Fl. I can also say that I had a friend that was attacked by a large bob cat while turkey hunting and calling from a clump of tall grasses. He said the cat jumped on his head and shoulders and was attempting to bite him, before he was able to knock it off after a scuffle.

• 1075 tech
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

If you ask the DEC in NY, there are no big cats here. Despite all the trail cam pictures and the one hit and killed nearby in CT. So while they are in denial, people keep reporting sightings. The area where I live has large areas of forest in north New Jersey to our south, the Catskill Mtns to our west and millions of acres of forest in the Adirondack's to the north. I have talked to many who have been stalked by these large cats while hunting or hiking. I always carry a handgun when out in the woods. That said, I think they are beautiful creatures and would love to see one.

Comment

• customcutter
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Yes, FWC used to deny that they were in this area too around central Fl until one was killed on I-4 less than 10 miles from here a few years ago. Another was killed this week in Lakeland, a 120 lb male on the Lakeland bypass. I saw tracks less than 2 miles from my house where there used to be a gun range, probably 15 years ago. Everyone said it was a bob cat, but I don't think a bob cat makes tracks the size of my palm. I saw one probably 30 years ago crossing the road in the middle of the after noon, out in Polk county. There is no mistaking the walk and the tail almost the length of their body.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

We have that same problem in louisiana LDWF will tell you there are no big cats meaning no panthers, cougers, moutian loins, are any other word they my be called by, the facts say other wise.

Me and my family members and freinds have seen them for years, see tracks all the time even found a kill one of them made of a small doe it was ten feet up a tree.

I live in the northwest part of the state now but was raised in the southwest part and I have seen them in both parts. They are very beautiful animals, but its a super predator and I always carry a pistol when im in the woods.

Comment

Working...
        X