New Announcements from the Big 3 meetings in Kansas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Always go for the first 2. Cheap on the ammo if need be.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Bronz View Post
      Damn I just told the wife I was done with buying any guns for a while.
      Bro, I wish I had been there to warn ya first. I made that same mistake and it took way too long to worm my way out of it.

John
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

"For a while" is the operating word here. It will probably be "a while" before Siaga markets a AK grendel.

Comment

• jwilson1985

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
          "For a while" is the operating word here. It will probably be "a while" before Siaga markets a AK grendel.
          i dont think so IMO, that video said that wolf was gona start importing the siagas if i heard corectly and they are producing the 6.5 ammo so i wouldnt see why they would wait ,if this is the case
          Last edited by Guest; 10-26-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Wolf-branded Grendels can only help to broaden acceptance of the cartridge. Meanwhile, has the news been announced [I]officially[I] by SAAMI, AA or anyone else yet? I don't see anything on either website.

Comment

Krebs is making Grendels, and is in the prototype-development stage I think. You can also free-float an AK by relieving the inner circumference of the forward portion of the gas tube, so that it doesn't touch the gas block. I've seen friends of mine perform this on their Saiga's and Arsenals, increasing accuracy by 3/4 to 1 MOA from the previous state. AK's can be accurate with the right barrel and ammo, but they need custom trigger work as well. The Finnish Valmets and Sako variants are 1.5 MOA guns on a bad day.

Comment

The 30 06 cartridge was better served in rifles other than the Springfield and Garrand that were made for that cartridge. The 308 was better served by other rifles than the M 14 that was desinged for it. I see no intrnisic reason why the 6.5 Grendel is best served by the AR platform. Perhaps the 6.5 Grendel will expand into mainstream usage with the upcomming AK rifles from Europe. Or maybe a different action alltogether.

Comment

Well I don't know what to believe. I have heard that Hornady has some kind of letter which gives them the right to get the cartridge SAAMI certified but AA still has the Grendel name trademarked. Has AA released the Trademark or not?

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

brickcues, AA has released the Trademark, which was announced at the Big3 meetings a few weeks ago.

It takes a little time for all the legal stuff to work its way out. (You can't just say, "We're releasing the trademark" and its a done deal. You have to file all the legal paperwork so that others can be sure that they won't be infringing, etc.)

But its been announced, and so I can't imagine AA will go back on that, it would be very damaging to them.

Comment

• pinzgauer
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

Just to be clear, Remington has several trademarks which are also used in SAAMI cartridges. Most recently being Blackout. (originally trademarked by AAC, now owned by RP)

Jet, PPC & Fireball being other notable examples. I'd have to check again, but I believe they also even trademarked "Express". (as in 7mm Express now known as the .280 remington)

The issue is not having a trademark, it's allowing unlicensed use of it for the purposes of ammo & barrel mfg as I understand it.

As of today both of AA's Grendel trademarks still show as "live" in the USPTO systems.
                      Last edited by pinzgauer; 10-30-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

ADD: The direct link is here.

========
                        Original post.

At the gun industry writers round-table meeting earlier this month in Kansas City, KS, Alexander Arms made important announcements regarding the 6.5 Grendel Cartridge. 1. The 6.5 Grendel has been officially approved as a

They are quoting a quoting a release from Wayne at Alexander Arms...

" Here is the text of Alexander Arms’ Official Press Release:

The 6.5 Grendel is an Official SAAMI Cartridge and Trademark is Relinquished.

The Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute (SAAMI) has adopted the 6.5 Grendel as an official SAAMI cartridge. As a result of the cartridge’s official recognition, Alexander Arms will relinquish the trademark “6.5 Grendel”. Bill Alexander states: “One of the primary purposes of trademarking the name was to protect the integrity of the design. With the adoption of the 6.5 Grendel cartridge standard by SAAMI, the design is now protected, and any confusion in the marketplace as to the specification of the cartridge has been eliminated.”

SAAMI’s formal adoption of the design specifications for the cartridge has led Alexander Arms to announce that it will relinquish its federally-registered trademark and that “6.5 Grendel” to be the common commercial name for a cartridge that adheres to the specifications adopted by SAAMI.

Alexander Arms is proud that a cartridge of its design has received this important designation, and is pleased to take this important step in the continued market development of this breakthrough cartridge, which is perfectly matched to the AR-15 platform.

For additional information contact:
                        Alexander Arms
                        wayne@alexanderarms.com
                        540-639-8356"
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2011, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X