• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Shock Gobble Coyote

Part of TBR's landowner's wildlife management plan is to reduce the hog and predator load with hopes of increasing his ground bird population. So I thought it was fitting to hear the turkeys cheering on my attempts to drop this female coyote.

Unfortunately, I drifted off target and the first shot was too far back. The second shot was into the spinning furball of madness, but went a wee bit high. The 3rd shot nailed her.

Got to use my digital hanging scale for the first time. She came in at 29.3 lbs. Not sure the tenths matter, LOL. 29 is close enough.

I did not have time to really take this coyote apart. I did peel back the hide over the shoulders and back. The exit wounds were not exceptionally large and at first I had trouble telling the difference between them and the entry wounds. I cut off the video and the coyote got up a second time and managed to run another 30 yards.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

Which bullet did you use?
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Berger 130 gr VLD-Hunting loaded by Precision Firearms.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Looks like with the first shot you shot the crap out of her, something black went flying while she was spinning. Good job on getting that yote

Was Angry Bird telling the turkeys to gobble on que?

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Very impressed by the third shot. That thing was motoring and the lead was perfect.

Comment

• jawbone
            Warrior
            • Jan 2012

had to play back that shot sequence several times. outstanding convergence of skills.
            however, your last sentence in your post threw me a bit. skinning the yote to check wounds and it got up and ran another 30 yards. erp. thought i was reading a horror novel! excellent usage of a misplaced sentence.

Comment

• customcutter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Loved the shock gobble, I thought from the title that the coyote came in to a shock gobble call. LOL I've had a bob cat sneak in on me while calling, but not close enough for #6's. Keep up the support of the local turkey population.

Comment

• 65Whelen
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Great vid, thank for sharing. Very impressive third shot.

Comment

Working...
                X