• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DIESEL758 View Post
    Well just got off the phone with wolf!!!!! The steel case rounds are in quality control (final stage) and should be available for December release. They told me that it was moving along faster than last reported with AA doing all the testing. I HOPE THIS REALLY HAPPENS SOON. My wife is getting tired of spending so much money on ammo, especially when I have 5 different cartridges I have to buy for.
    D758:

December 2015 sounds about right given the track record of Wolf when it comes to Grendel ammo. If it is in testing stage, then the first lot hasn't been produced. December 2015 is a good estimate.

LR1955

Comment

• I sure hope not 2015, the guy on the phone sure did sound releaved about finally getting this out. They must be getting a crap load of calls about this.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
        Chieftain
        • May 2012

honestly at this point i doubt its coming out at any point in the foreseeable future at least i am not holding my breath for it and am just going to chuck it up to vaporware until i see a tangible product the only time i would use it is if i was shooting some sort of competition where i couldn't pick up my brass which i will probably just use my 556 for given that i reload i dont see the wolf steel being any cheaper than what i can reload for given that the lapua cases are exceeding 15 reloads that amortized the brass cost to 4-5 cents per loading which is miniscule based on that my reloads run about $0.45 cents a piece so unless the wolf steel is going to come in under 10 bucks a box its kind of a moot point to dream of it
        Last edited by mongoosesnipe; 10-26-2012, 02:06 AM.
        Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
          [snip]
          ...so unless the wolf steel is going to come in under 10 bucks a box its kind of a moot point to dream of it
          I couldn't agree more.. flk k

Comment

• Pancho Villa

I hope I'm not making this joke just for myself.

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
              honestly at this point i doubt its coming out at any point in the foreseeable future at least I am not holding my breath for it and am just going to chuck it up to vaporware until i see a tangible product the only time i would use it is if i was shooting some sort of competition where i couldn't pick up my brass which i will probably just use my 556 for given that i reload i dont see the wolf steel being any cheaper than what i can reload for given that the lapua cases are exceeding 15 reloads that amortized the brass cost to 4-5 cents per loading which is miniscule based on that my reloads run about $0.45 cents a piece so unless the wolf steel is going to come in under 10 bucks a box its kind of a moot point to dream of it
              Hey, how did that lone upper case "I" sneak into an otherwise masterful attempt at a run-on sentence with no capitalization or punctuation?

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by fkleinbu View Post
                I couldn't agree more.. flk k
                Expected retail price is the same as Wolf Steel Case 5.56/7.62 x 39, or less than $8/20.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                  Hey, how did that lone upper case "I" sneak into an otherwise masterful attempt at a run-on sentence with no capitalization or punctuation?
                  honestly at this point i doubt its coming out at any point in the foreseeable future at least i am not holding my breath for it and am just going to chuck it up to vaporware until i see a tangible product the only time i would use it is if i was shooting some sort of competition where i couldn't pick up my brass which i will probably just use my 556 for given that i reload i dont see the wolf steel being any cheaper than what i can reload for given that the lapua cases are exceeding 15 reloads that amortized the brass cost to 4-5 cents per loading which is miniscule based on that my reloads run about $0.45 cents a piece so unless the wolf steel is going to come in under 10 bucks a box its kind of a moot point to dream of it
                  fixed it thanks for catching that punctuation is for the weak
                  Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

fixed it thanks for catching that punctuation is for the weak
                    not to mention it makes typing a lot easier when you dont have to continually press the shift key

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pancho Villa View Post
                      I hope I'm not making this joke just for myself.

Ohhh, somewere.... They may be out there.....

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Kikn
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2011

Horder!

:P

Comment

• Pancho Villa

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                          Ohhh, somewere.... They may be out there.....

Where'd you grab that?

Comment

• Dogue
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pancho Villa View Post
                            Where'd you grab that?
                            Looks like an AK case, not the mythical steel cases the Grendel is supposed to get to eat.
                            Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• awww man I thought this was a knew thread......crap

Comment

• pinzgauer
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                                most people I know dont want to run it during rapid fire drills as they say the lacquer on the cases starts to come off under heat and gum up the chamber and what not. They are talking about rapid fire of 200-300 rounds.
                                Hmm, lots of folks shooting carbine classes with steel case.

All the recent (last 4-5 years) 5.56 steel case I've seen is not lacquer coated, it's a polymer that is quite tough and slick.

the issue with the lacquer is bits would flake off, etc and cause problems. Just not an issue with the polymer.

We run through cases of Wolf and Tula in my son's M4'gery and have been doing our own "lube" only test. Two drops of lube in the bolt holes each day shooting, nothing else. Still going strong. (It is a true 5.56 chamber, however)

Comment

Working...
                                X