X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ah1whiskey
    Warrior
    • Sep 2015

i've shot s bunch of wold steel through the spinta 264-- it eats it up. seems accurate enough for busting gallon jugs at 400m too.

Comment

• jonny rotton
      Warrior
      • Dec 2015

my first and only group was .707" at 100 yards. it outshot hornady and ppu

Comment

• Drift
        Warrior
        • Nov 2014

It's nowhere near that accurate in mine. Guess I better shoot it again.

Comment

• tj_farmer
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2015

its in the picture posts, new 200 yard tack driver is the name of it, not good at links....sorry

Comment

• ahillock
            Warrior
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ah1whiskey View Post
            i've shot s bunch of wold steel through the spinta 264-- it eats it up. seems accurate enough for busting gallon jugs at 400m too.
            Interesting. Thanks. I wonder if that would be the same for a BHW 264 barrel.....?

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
            my first and only group was .707" at 100 yards. it outshot hornady and ppu
            What barrel were you shooting out of?

Comment

• ah1whiskey
              Warrior
              • Sep 2015

spinta 20" 1-9" rifle gas. 264lbc chamber, free float key-mod , RRA two stage with blueprint, bi-pod and 2.5-10 viper PST , rifle stock buffer and tube.

it was super easy to punch the jugs --even with the wolf--

since the spinta is a budget barrel more or less i would expect the BHW to do at least as good. i've been itching to do a 24" BHW for a long time--lol

you got to remember that wolf is funny ammo -- i can recall how their 75gr 5.56 did -- one batch could do 1.24" @ 100 groups all day long-- but the next batch could barely do a three inch group with a bunch of 8" flyer groups--

with wolf steel jacket having a good batch of ammo is probably a bigger deal than if the barrel can do sub moa or not-- of course a really bad barrel and a bad batch of wolf is really a mess-- been there and done that-and got the free hat---lol
              Last edited by ah1whiskey; 01-18-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

i shot it out of a 18" ar-stoner barrel from midway.

Comment

• ahorseman
                  Unwashed
                  • Nov 2015

It has probably been posted but I can't find it. Is the BC of the Wolf 100gr bullet known?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Nope, not known. No one has definitively tested it and Barnaul's figures are . . . marketing. We've guesstimated around 0.400 BC.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• ahorseman
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2015

Thanks

Comment

• jonny rotton
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2015

my 11" lilja barrel gave me 2248 fps and three shot group at 100 yards--1 1/16".

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 1075 tech
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2015

Thanks BFT. I shot my Grendel for the first time yesterday. It was almost flawless with the steel case. I had a few issues with the bolt locking back on the magazine and not the bolt stop. I also had a couple of times that the bolt did not strip the round from the mag. Both of these I believe were due to gas block adjustment issues.

Comment

• jdelong
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2017

sorry for the newbie question...trying to come up with a bullet drop table for the 100gr Wolf and using the Hornady calculator. Any good guesses at BC? I saw .400 is that confirmed? Also, i have an 18" Odin works barrel. 2500fps?

IF there is a better way, please let me know. Trying to make myself a cheat sheet. Thanks!

Comment

• pajasonc
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by jdelong View Post
                                sorry for the newbie question...trying to come up with a bullet drop table for the 100gr Wolf and using the Hornady calculator. Any good guesses at BC? I saw .400 is that confirmed? Also, i have an 18" Odin works barrel. 2500fps?

IF there is a better way, please let me know. Trying to make myself a cheat sheet. Thanks!
                                Don't know the BC but the only way to know velocity is to run them over the chrony yourself. I would think a 18" in 50 to 70 degree weather would be around 2500.

Comment

Working...
                                X