X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpk
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

I was able to get 1.5" groups at 50 yards with a 7" barrel. The average velocity was around 1880fps.

Last edited by tpk; 10-07-2014, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

TPK, a 7" bbl with the 65G? I think that's some kind of first! I'm going to drink glass of Bailey's on the rocks (OK, hell, I buy the cheap knock-off stuff — Merry's), or a glass of wine — ah, crap, maybe just a Coke? — in your honor. Anyway, glad to know you're having fun. Thanks for the velocity feedback and how 'bout a pic of that bad boy?
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• WHITEBULL
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2013

Just got a confirmation today. Order being sent out tomorrow. Here piggy piggy piggy................

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

I'm thinking that it must have some VERY interesting muzzle blast!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Whitebull said he got an order confirmation and I checked and, sure enough, Alexander Arms now has another shipment of Wolf 6.5 Grendel 100gr FMJ steel-case.

I'm knocking on wood — well, Formica on my desktop — that my order gets filled from this batch!
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• justified
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2011

I received my confirmation also. It'll be fun to play with.

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

did anyone ever get any of this ammo to shoot well in any of their rifles? or even decent?

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

It shoots around 2 MOA from my 16 and 20 inch rifles, both of which shoot Hornady sub MOA. Sub 4 MOA is acceptable for this type ammo as far as I am concerned. I don't expect Lake City 5.56 to be better than 4 MOA in my 5.56 rifles either. Sometimes I get amazing results with Lake City, and those lots are put aside for precision work or long range stuff. Wolf won't be!

Comment

• dammitman
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2012

well thats good enough to hear. i havent shot any in anything but the still short throated liberty barrel. it chambers fine and doesnt hit the lands. but it shot terrible. wouldnt group and woas so inconsistant. i will try again though.

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

This thread has over 900 posts, making it very time-consuming to search. Is it time for a separate thread devoted to shooting results with the Wolf FMJ?

Comment

• arizona98tj
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2013

I doubt it it would amount to much a thread....folks are going to post that it averages somewhere between 2, 3, or 4 MOA depending on how many rounds they are counting in the string. It's Wolf ammo and behaves like Wolf ammo.

Comment

• BIPMaster
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2014

I am looking forward to AA receiving another batch of the steel 6.5 ammo. I purchased a Sabre 14.5" barrel for the express purpose of blasting the cheap Wolf ammo and reloads using the Wolf/PPU brass and PPU 120gr bullets.

Comment

• stanc
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Color photo (and info) from Dave Fortier of the Wolf 100gr FMJ gel test:

100 grain Wolf FMJ steel case fired from a 14.5 inch AA 6.5mm Grendel carbine at 10 yards.
                            Nose broke off in the block, the rest of the projectile exited the 16 inch block.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...age=2#i6648341
                            It's a little better than the B&W pic published in SGN, but still difficult to discern much detail.

Comment

• pinetreebbs
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2013

SGA Ammo has Wolf steel case in stock, $8.95 a box of 20 rounds.
                              $8.75 per box for 25 or more boxes.

20 round box of 6.5 Grendel 100 grain FMJ Lacquered Steel case WPA Wolf Ammo for sale at SGAmmo.com, the best website for buying ammunition online with consistent low prices and in-stock products with fast and cheap shipping by UPS to your home.

Here we have a very very limited supply of Russian made WPA 6.5 Grendel ammo available at one of the best prices online for this caliber of ammunition. This caliber of ammo is very hard to get out of Wolf so supplies are limited and are expected to remain limited

Comment

• rickOshay
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2012

Gel results are posted here: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-Part-2/page12 Post #116

Comment

Working...
                                X