Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it just came 30 sec ago. I will give it a try this weekend.

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Great! I'd love to hear what it does to a hog.
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Sputnik
        Warrior
        • May 2013

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
        And it just came 30 sec ago. I will give it a try this weekend.
        After reading your last post, I was going to encourage you to "keep the faith", the day isn't done yet! Like yours, mine showed up yesterday without any shipping notification. Just glad to finally see and touch them, right? Good luck this weekend, we will await your report!

Comment

• mtn_shooter

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
          After reading your last post, I was going to encourage you to "keep the faith", the day isn't done yet! Like yours, mine showed up yesterday without any shipping notification. Just glad to finally see and touch them, right? Good luck this weekend, we will await your report!
          I'm not sure if I can handle all of the hope this is causing...

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

This signature requirement is a pain in the ass. I signed the card yet they still won't deliver it without an adult present at the time of delivery. I just had some pistol ammo delivered last week and it was left on the porch. Why the hell is this different? Now I have to drive across town to get it tomorrow. I'm irritated if you didn't notice. Grrr.
            Last edited by txgunner00; 08-30-2014, 01:01 AM.
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Dave Bob
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2013

I feel your pain.....missed it yesterday and now am out of town till Monday, which is a holiday so nothing till Tuesday. Grrrrr.....

Dave

Comment

• arizona98tj
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2013

Got my shipping notice yesterday that my case will arrive next week Friday. I'm on vacation next week so at least I'll be around when it shows up so I can sign for it....makes it a little easier.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                  My mask is a secret.LOL

Since this is such a joyous occasion, I'll sort of compromise. Here is as close as I'll go.LOL

. . .
                  http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=818189271545150

This certainly has been an interesting week for burst-fire videos! I hope these two are the harbinger to a Desert Tech MDR-6.5mm Grendel.

Comment

• wwiibuff
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2013

I ordered 300 rounds yesterday, can't wait to check it out.

Comment

• keith13b
                      Unwashed
                      • May 2011

I got my case in less than a week. Shocked since I'm not used to AA shipping so fast. A year or so ago I ordered some extra hardened bolts for my 6.5G and 50 BEO and reloading dies. They took so long to ship that when they arrived a few months ago I actually forgot I ordered them. I can't wait to try these out. Sadly it will be a while until I can hit the range.

Comment

• dammitman
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2012

so anyone with a actual shooting report on this ammo? i wont have one for a few months so waiting for others to post their results with it,,,,,

Comment

• LR1955
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                          so anyone with a actual shooting report on this ammo? i wont have one for a few months so waiting for others to post their results with it,,,,,
                          I too am surprised no one has commented as of yet.

I think some guys may have thought they were buying some cheap match grade ammo. Instead they probably bought exactly what this ammo is, moderately expensive, service grade ammo with low velocity and service grade performance. If it is anything like other Wolf steel case, it probably fowls more so than US powders and bullets and thus will probably cause function problems after a hundred rounds or so without cleaning.

Guys ought not to compare it to Hornady Match ammo but rather to other service grades of ammo shot from decent rifles.

LR1955

Comment

• Kikn
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2011

Maybe everyone is out shooting up a their ammo

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

I'm still waiting on my confirmation, and so am also waiting for some reports from those who have it. Guys, let the yard work sit and get out this weekend and shoot some steel case! Let's hear some reports!
                              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• stanc
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                                I too am surprised no one has commented as of yet.

I think some guys may have thought they were buying some cheap match grade ammo. Instead they probably bought exactly what this ammo is, moderately expensive, service grade ammo with low velocity and service grade performance. If it is anything like other Wolf steel case, it probably fowls more so than US powders and bullets and thus will probably cause function problems after a hundred rounds or so without cleaning.
                                Posted by Variable on arfcom:
                                It shot great as far as I can tell. I put six 25 round mags through my 10.5" shorty on auto to check cycling and to also try the new E-Lander mags. It ran just fine.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...age=8#i6585635

Comment

Working...
                                X