X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Thanks for checking. I'm sure on some level they want to sell product and make money. This whole saga has just seemed a strange way of going about it. Anyway, knock on wood!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• hellcat370

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
      John,

During this morning's brief phone conversation, as shared above, I assumed that the new WOLF 6.5 Grendel Steel Case ammo will be released to current WOLF ammo Distributors, such as MidwayUSA. Prompted by your question, however, I moments ago called WOLF Performance Ammo and asked to speak to James. I was told he was out of the office. The person I talked to confirmed that the new Steel Case 6.5 Grendel will be released, at the end of this month, but could not clarify to what ammo Distributor(s).
      That's interesting, because I called around noon today, and was told it would be released beginning of August to retailers such as Sportsman's Guide and Ammo something .com. No price was quoted, and the person at customer service at Sportsman's Guide could not give a price or ETA either. I'd like to know where David Fortier got his supply of steel case from

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
        Warrior
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hellcat370 View Post
        . . . I'd like to know where David Fortier got his supply of steel case from
        There appears to be a David Fortier-WOLF connection
        http://www.wolfammo.com/index.php?op...=76&Itemid=115 (See bottom of Page)

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

I also think it noteworthy that Wolf is still identifying the Grendel as an AA owned trademark. Just how old is that page? It still id's the projo as 110 grains...
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I'd say the connection is that he writes and edits gun and ammo related articles for magazines, is involved in the publication of some magazines (I think?), and Wolf wanted their ammo reviewed in time to start buying advertising for their rollout.

I've never had the priviledge of meeting Dave in person, but he seems like a pretty good guy to me.
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• So to sum up. In...2-3 weeks the Big Distributors may get 6.5 steel case ammo.... It may be cheap enough for plinking ..It may yaw quickly and be good for hunting. It may be hunting accurate... We have been told that the demand will exceed supply for months. So The chain of events necessary for me to get some 6.5 steel case is shorter then it was. But if I get some before Christmas I will consider myself lucky.

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                I also think it noteworthy that Wolf is still identifying the Grendel as an AA owned trademark. Just how old is that page? It still id's the projo as 110 grains...
                That info was posted at the beginning of 2008. So, it's six and a half years old...

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                  That info was posted at the beginning of 2008. So, it's six and a half years old...
                  What does Wolf care, in Russia Trademark owns you!

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                  So to sum up. In...2-3 weeks the Big Distributors may get 6.5 steel case ammo.... It may be cheap enough for plinking ..It may yaw quickly and be good for hunting. It may be hunting accurate... We have been told that the demand will exceed supply for months. So The chain of events necessary for me to get some 6.5 steel case is shorter then it was. But if I get some before Christmas I will consider myself lucky.
                  Winner winner chicken dinner! Well summed up.LOL
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Bill A. said in his testing of the production run it's yawing at 2 inches and averaging 1 MOA. He was very pleased with the accuracy, considering it's Wolf.

I guess we won't know the price until a retailer puts a sticker on it.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
                      Bill A. said in his testing of the production run it's yawing at 2 inches and averaging 1 MOA.
                      Sounds good. It'd also be nice to know the BC.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

The Russians don't seem to be a chatty bunch, do they? I'm sure the BC will come out eventually, or someone will just figure it out.

Comment

• sneaky one
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

If they keep shooting down airliners, we won't b chatting much - Check online for BC measuring techs. It should be decent closer in rounds, for practice- hogs, etc. The yaw factor is good for hogs, Tx gunner tried to get the 160 fmj's to yaw for a - while.
                          Last edited by sneaky one; 07-24-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2012

I don't know how, but I am pretty sure their line would be it is somehow Ukraine's fault that they are footdragging on giving up the BC.

: D

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2011

Yeah, I'm not so keen on using Russian stuff for the same reason I don't sell Chinese. Our money is going where and doing what??
                              "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• cory
                                Chieftain
                                • Jun 2012

On another note, I don't know what's worse sending our money to China and Russia or sending or money to these bureaucrats through these ridiculous taxes on firearms, ammunition, nfa stamps, etc... that is used to fund these infringements on our rights. We give them money to take away our rights.

Maybe it's time we all did what the Bundys did?
                                Last edited by cory; 07-24-2014, 03:54 PM.
                                "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X