Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back Stan!

How are things going in, I presume, your new digs?

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Aaaaghh! It was Stan's 666th post.... Hopefully he is fine and well with post number 667!!!
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I know this may be wishful thinking at this point but are there plans to offer this ammo in a soft or hollow point?
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
          Welcome back Stan!

How are things going in, I presume, your new digs?
          Haven't moved, yet. Still in my apartment. The MS tremors got so severe back in late January and early February that at that point it looked like I'd have to go into assisted living ASAP, but then they slowly began to subside enough that such a move could be delayed.
          Originally posted by Variable View Post
          Aaaaghh! It was Stan's 666th post.... Hopefully he is fine and well with post number 667!!!
          Hmm... My post count seems to be stuck at 666. D'ya suppose that might be -- dare I say it -- an omen?

Comment

• I'd get worried when it flips to 999...

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              Haven't moved, yet. Still in my apartment. The MS tremors got so severe back in late January and early February that at that point it looked like I'd have to go into assisted living ASAP, but then they slowly began to subside enough that such a move could be delayed.

Hmm... My post count seems to be stuck at 666. D'ya suppose that might be -- dare I say it -- an omen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqlqXg9HXI0
              That's very good to hear Stan! Hang in there brother, you're a tough old bird and are far too cool to lose around here!

So your post counter is stuck at 666.... It's telling you to get with the Man! This is one crazy board...LOL!

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Could be an evil conspiracy!

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• don't worry about the 666 I read the back of the book .. WE WIN !!!

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Smoke View Post
                    don't worry about the 666 I read the back of the book .. WE WIN !!!
                    Amen!

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Smoke View Post
                      don't worry about the 666 I read the back of the book .. WE WIN !!!
                      HeeHee, I like that! And you are 100% correct of course!

Comment

• Glockzilla

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                        But the real question is not in which quarter it'll be available...

...it's which year?
                        Agreed.

BTW, I have a $10 bet going that the ammo hits the shelves in Nov 2012. My buddy bets on July 2013. We'll see who'll be closer.

Comment

• burnsome
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2011

i wish it'd show up. i'm ready to burnsome.......

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2011

Anybody else find it curious that the Russians managed to amass 3600 Tanks at Kursk in less time than it's taking to put this ammo on the shelves?

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Slow but unerring!

Back from IWA, nice talks with the head of engineering and also the Molot rifle folks. Russians are a breath of fresh air wrt engineering and will examine and calculate every detail. We spent considerable time looking at the hoop strain of the AR breach and the allowable elastic deformation of the cases. The AR is marginal in 5.56 with steel cases dues to pressure but the Grendel is a better prospect. They are cautious regarding the backing support of the barrel extension but allowed us the benefit of experience in this matter. Such talks leaves one wondering how some of the cheaper AR parts will effect the system and the things that people have seen with the 5.56 steel cases.

It does mean that we were correct to insist on the 50,000 psi loading and not allow this to climb just to get Mv to make sales.

Saw the first 6.5 Grendel AK or correctly 6.5x39 Grendel. Sporter set up with a 10 round magazine but a magnificent gun. I intend to buy one.

Comment

• wolf steel case

Can someone enlighten me on the neck diameter of the upcoming wolf steel case ammo?
                                I read somewhere that it is 0.295 but unable to confirm. TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X