Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Alexander

The neck will be somewhat variable because of the lacquer coating. It will however be functional in the Grendel chamber within the prescribed manufacturing tolerances.. This also allows for the crimping procedure and the neck sealant.

Batch to batch variations are included within this specification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
      The neck will be somewhat variable because of the lacquer coating. It will however be functional in the Grendel chamber within the prescribed manufacturing tolerances.. This also allows for the crimping procedure and the neck sealant.

Batch to batch variations are included within this specification.
      Thanks for the info.
      It sounds like a .300 neck will work but not the variants.

Comment

• hunter_usmc

It is still hard to find wolf 6.5G in the big box stores Sportsmans and Big five they say they will not be carrying it!! (bummer) there is not a big calling for it. we can all fix that easily!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOTHERmaninblack View Post
          Anybody else find it curious that the Russians managed to amass 3600 Tanks at Kursk in less time than it's taking to put this ammo on the shelves?
          While very effective, the Soviet T-34 was reputed to have such loose and rough production tolerances that some "required a hammer to shift gears." I'm OK with these engineers taking a little extra time with ammo that I'll ignite a few inches from my face ...

I'm excited as hell about the prospect that an AK might or will be produced in Grendel. Market-wise, this could be huge.

Comment

• longdayjake

Who here wants to bet me that we won't see this ammo for two more years? I may be wrong, but knowing that we are going to have another election run on ammo I just don't see wolf going out of their way to tie up their machines to make 6.5 grendel by the millions when they can make 7.62x39 by the billions.

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by longdayjake View Post
              Who here wants to bet me that we won't see this ammo for two more years?
              Not me. I remember how things went after it was announced back in 2008.

Maybe Glockzilla would be willing to take your wager?

The day has come, Wolf Steel case will soon be available in stores everywhere! Well, soon may be a relative term, but there are actually steel cases in the hands of those who need them to check loads and pressures. David Fortier reports that Wolf has been at the Big 3 meetings he and other members of the press are

IIRC, on the old forum there was a contest thread wherein forum members could guess the date when the steel-case ammo would be available. Nobody won...

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Well, I think you did, actually, since you were the latest date and we still havent seen it!

But we've all been losers since wwe haven't had it yet!

Comment

• hellcat370

At least they are making it now. something that wasn't being done back on '08. One step closer to having it in hand!

Comment

• longdayjake

Sorry to be so pessimistic. I am just a little frustrated by the current market for components and it is starting to show.

Comment

• supertex14

got e mail from WPA , hopefully steel case by end of summer

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Howdy, supertex. What part of Texas are you in?

Hopefully that's true....
                        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

I'm skeptical, Russians do things differently. I'll guess late in the year, maybe before Christmas, and I'll hope to be wrong and it shows up sooner!

Comment

• stanc
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by supertex14 View Post
                            got e mail from WPA , hopefully steel case by end of summer
                            So, it's slipped from 1st Qtr, to 2nd Qtr, and now 3rd Qtr.

Like I said, the real question isn't which quarter it'll be available, it's which year...

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                              So, it's slipped from 1st Qtr, to 2nd Qtr, and now 3rd Qtr.

Like I said, the real question isn't which quarter it'll be available, it's which year...
                              Hey Now! They wrote 6.5 Grendel on a picture of an AK, what more do you want!?!?
                              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• supertex14

howdy, txgunner00, i live in houston

Comment

Working...
                                X