Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellcat370

It'd be nice if they'd load some steel case with 120 MPT's or something similiar. They make a decent hunting round.

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hellcat370 View Post
      It'd be nice if they'd load some steel case with 120 MPT's or something similiar. They make a decent hunting round.
      Agreed. While I doubt the Russians would buy the 120 MPT projectiles from the Serbs, it would be great if they developed their own copy that performs as well accuracy wise and also has a steel free jacket.

Wolf Gold 120 MPT quality placed in a steel case and priced the same as steel case AK fodder would truly knock it out of the park for sales. I know I'd definitely stack it up to the rafters.LOL!
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Variable View Post
        Agreed. While I doubt the Russians would buy the 120 MPT projectiles from the Serbs, it would be great if they developed their own copy that performs as well accuracy wise and also has a steel free jacket.

Wolf Gold 120 MPT quality placed in a steel case and priced the same as steel case AK fodder would truly knock it out of the park for sales. I know I'd definitely stack it up to the rafters.LOL!
        Roger that. It would take away most of the reasons for anyone to build or buy a 7.62x39 AR15. I could actually start running my high-volume stuff in Grendel as well. Maybe I should stock up on mags before the buying frenzy hits.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          Roger that. It would take away most of the reasons for anyone to build or buy a 7.62x39 AR15. I could actually start running my high-volume stuff in Grendel as well. Maybe I should stock up on mags before the buying frenzy hits.
          Yeah, I keep trying not to get too wound up, but an MPT quality steel case at AK prices would really light a fire on the market IMO.

Mags-- I waited years for better mags, and then gave up and bought a pretty sizable stack of the C-Products ones. If anything new ever comes out (and is decent), I'll likely buy another pile for good measure.

ETA: That's also why I bought all of the VZ-52 strippers I could find before I told anyone about them.LOL Share knowledge, but secure your stash first!
          Last edited by Variable; 05-18-2012, 06:24 AM.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Variable View Post
            ...Share knowledge, but secure your stash first!
            I can relate to that!!

Comment

• Ned Christiansen

At this point, three-plus years after first hearing about this, and seeing it listed on the Wolf site, I personally am ready to say "Ain't happening, ain't gonna happen". Which is not to say I have given up hope..... I do still hope for this to happen. Guess in my case it has been moved into the category of "nice if it comes but in the mean time forget about it".

Comment

• burnsome
                Warrior
                • Jun 2011

any updates???????

Comment

• Dogue
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by burnsome View Post
                  any updates???????
                  Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                  From Bill Alexander:

"Ticking along nicely. We are due the next 10,000 rounds for testing and lab work and then if we can get through the export jungle in a timely manner and get the test rifles into Russia, we are expecting to attend sign off in September.

The Russians are taking this work very seriously, more than one would expect for a simple contract build. We have already been involved in a lot of analysis work in respect to weapon durability. That is in addition to the regular testing for feed and function."

This is turning into a bigger deal than expected.
                  I think Early next year would be optimistic.
                  Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• burnsome
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2011

tag....again.....

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Just treat the wolf brass as steel case-LOL-send it away---wait patiently for the steel stuff-

Comment

• I guess I am missing something.. I didn't think the Grendel was that expensive a round to reload for.. Assume 3 or 4 reloads per case, would put it in the ball park cost wise of an equivalent number of steel case cartridges.. Other than the fact you don't have to worry about recovering the brass, why such a draw to the steel case ammo??

Flk k

Comment

• I think the main advantage to it is that it just opens the Grendel up to more popularity with the availability of cheap ammo for those that don't reload? Also for those that want to stockpile ammo (nobody's doing that these days are they? :-)

Comment

• Found out a few weeks ago and believe it or not, but there is a federal law which makes it illegal to stockpile things, and in times of need, you can have your stockpile confiscated and be arrested/fined, etc...

All these folks putting in stocks of freeze dried foods and stuff could have it all taken away if there was ever a food shortage in the country..

Now my intention was not to get a big old discussion around how this is just wrong, but it is just something I thought was important to put out there..

Flk k

Comment

• biodsl
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by fkleinbu View Post
                              Found out a few weeks ago and believe it or not, but there is a federal law which makes it illegal to stockpile things, and in times of need, you can have your stockpile confiscated and be arrested/fined, etc...
                              Flk k
                              So much for private property rights.

Mandatory thread content: I'll buy some steel case when it's available. I might even buy 'tons' of it, but not 'piles'. No, never 'piles'.
                              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• hellcat370

For me its not having to pay a premium price for ammo because I don't reload. I'd like to be able to burn through a few hundred rounds without having to take out a small loan. As for the joke we now call the federal government, its sad that we continue to elect people that are so bent on taking away our freedoms. Apparently they consider anyone with a 7 day plus supply of food to be a potential terrorist. Thats a bit extreme in my thinking, but thier just looking for excuses to come get us. All the more reason to have a heathly supply of guns and ammo. Can't wait for that steel case ammo to arrive!

Comment

Working...
                                X