X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• wheelguner
      Warrior
      • Oct 2011

biodsl,
      Glad to see we got similar numbers on both the Wolf Steel Case and the Hornady AMAX. I posted my results in an earlier both in this thread. The slight differences we got can be attributed to tolerance spread between our measuring instruments.
      All of my larger caliber rifles are 6.5's except for my Swiss K31 which is 7.5x55. I discovered that the K31 barrel must have all possible copper fouling removed after shooting my Handloads with 175gr Sierra MK's when I switch to the excellent Swiss G11 load which uses a gilded steel jacket the groups go from 1MOA to 3-3.5MOA. I plan on testing this as soon as finish the temp job I am working and can get home to do so. Curious if anyone else has experienced similar results. I know I have to remove copper from my handguns before shooting cast bullets and clean my rimfires barrels before switching brands of ammo.
      At least I have internet access and can follow the Horde while away.

Comment

• Michael
        Warrior
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
        IF it's any comfort, and it may well be small comfort to those used to stellar accuracy from their Grendels, I'm pretty sure the accuracy standard for mil-spec M855 is 4 MOA, or so.
        You are correct, but that is also out of a chorme lined, mass produced, mil spec barrel.
        I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
        - Voltaire

Comment

• burnsome
          Warrior
          • Jun 2011

glad to see the range reports coming in.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            You are correct, but that is also out of a chorme lined, mass produced, mil spec barrel.
            Ah! Good point.
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• arizona98tj
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by wheelguner View Post
              biodsl,
              Glad to see we got similar numbers on both the Wolf Steel Case and the Hornady AMAX. I posted my results in an earlier both in this thread. The slight differences we got can be attributed to tolerance spread between our measuring instruments.
              All of my larger caliber rifles are 6.5's except for my Swiss K31 which is 7.5x55. I discovered that the K31 barrel must have all possible copper fouling removed after shooting my Handloads with 175gr Sierra MK's when I switch to the excellent Swiss G11 load which uses a gilded steel jacket the groups go from 1MOA to 3-3.5MOA. I plan on testing this as soon as finish the temp job I am working and can get home to do so. Curious if anyone else has experienced similar results. I know I have to remove copper from my handguns before shooting cast bullets and clean my rimfires barrels before switching brands of ammo.
              At least I have internet access and can follow the Horde while away.
              I had a freshly cleaned barrel when I hit the range with the Wolf ammo. After two Hornady factory loads to verify optic zero, the next string over the chrono was the Wolf. My targets are on page #87 of this thread.

It's just plain old Wolf plinking ammo, regardless of the time it took to bring it to market and the hype that came with it. I'll be using it to foul the bore, after a cleaning, before I shoot my hand loads. The case I bought will likely last me until I am too old to shoot....which I hope to be about another 25 years.

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Are we cleared for "round 2" of Wolf Steel Case purchase at AA?
                LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                  Are we cleared for "round 2" of Wolf Steel Case purchase at AA?
                  Ditto. When are we cleared for resupply?????
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Does this help?
                    Originally posted by Kikn View Post
                    I called up Melissa earlier today [09-02]... She also said there is another shipment coming in November.

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                      Does this help?
                      Maybe. We are asking when AA will let us re-order. They'll probably ship a large chunk (possibly all) of the November batch to back-orders from the first batch. We just want to know when it's kosher for us to get back in line for additional ammo again. Since AA imposed the rationing structure, they'll have to be the ones to determine when we can re-order.LOL

Comment

• dmsims21
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2012

Did anyone else have a ruptured case?
                        I shot twenty rounds into a 4.5" circle at 100yds.
                        One of the cases split open at the shoulder.
                        Is that bad, or just something that happens with steel cases?
                        www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Hey, I haven't even got my FIRST order, and I know mine will not last the next 25 years, maybe 25 minutes?

Comment

• tackdriver
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2013

I posted a thread a few days ago saying I would be willing to trade some of my case for parts to build another rifle. I am lacking a 12" free float rail, .750 lo pro gas block and a mid length gas tube. Let me know if there is any interest

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

I looked at the spent cases and one appeared to have a 1/4" crack in the side below the neck in the body. I'd say the steel is pretty soft but it only has to last for one cycle.

Comment

• Variable
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
                                Hey, I haven't even got my FIRST order, and I know mine will not last the next 25 years, maybe 25 minutes?
                                In the interest of fairness to my other hoard members, I waited over 24 hours before snagging the case that was for sale in the buy section...

ETA: And it departed Rochester in route to me via UPS an hour ago! Woot! Woot!!!
                                Last edited by Variable; 09-12-2014, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X