X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdq5oh
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2015

Got my Gem Pro back out and made room on another table in my loading room. Turned it on and will leave it on, and it's working fine for 2 days now. Go figure.
    Phil

Comment

• McFireFighter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2016

Line conditioner and ferrite filters on the way. Reprogrammed the Chargemaster for faster dispensing. Still waiting for the Gempro 250 to ship.

Comment

• apynckel
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2014

Dang! I'll definitely be picking one up at that price!

OOPH! On second thought, read the reviews on Brownells for the thing!
        Last edited by apynckel; 03-26-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• McFireFighter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

Still waiting on the ferrite filters. But scale and line conditioner came in. Tinkered with it a little bit. Can't wait to see results across the chronograph. My Chargemaster under throws loads according to the Gempro.

Bulk loading for shtf ammo I'm not pressed. Hunting and ammo intended for extreme precision will get the extra effort.
          Last edited by McFireFighter; 03-26-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by SG4247 View Post
            Also, mine is in a temperature controlled room. Even so, during the summer when the AC kicks on, the scale will immediately drift all over the place. I had to redirect the AC air coming from the vent, so that the scale does not get cold soaked.
            I've had the same issue, but in reverse. I had intermittent problems with the scale drifting. Finally figured out that it was occurring in the late afternoon when the sun was shinning directly on it through the window. I leave the scale on constantly, keep the temperature of the room steady and shade it from the sun. Performance has improved dramatically. It still drifts + or - .02 grains but it's much quicker for me than a beam scale.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• GarandThumb
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2015

I've had the Gempro for a couple of years. It's not a good scale for trickling directly onto the pan. I had best results by taking the pan off the scale, trickle a few kernels in and then placing the pan back on the scale.

In regards to drifting, it does drift a bit. You have to keep an eye on the reading when you take the pan off. Re-zeroing the scale a few times while charging cases was normal for me. Overall it's been an okay if somewhat frustrating scale to use.

Here's a little trickling demo video I made with the gempro 250 shortly after getting it:

Last summer I picked up a Lymen Gen6 and I've been very happy with it. At first I was using the Gempro as a check against the Lyman but that was limiting the time advantage and the Lyman scale actually proved to be more consistent. Now I am just keeping the gempro as an emergency backup. The Gen6 is very good. About 50% of the time it throws the charge 1/10 of grain light, 40% of the time its right on and 10% of the time its 1/10th over. For the undercharges I just manually trickle a couple grains out on a separate pan and dump it in. All of my dialed in loads have a standard deviation that's under 10 fps so the scale is good enough.

Comment

Working...
              X