X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keep The Change
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Call the SWFA Store to find out the total adjustment and let them know they need to put that on their website. I'm surprised that is not on their website.
    I would recommend the Mil-Mil for adjustment and reticle.

Comment

• pistolpeta
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2016

Yeah, I should.
      Will.

I got the Mrad(mil radians) model.

Comment

• Keep The Change
        Warrior
        • Mar 2013

I think you'll like the scope. I've not heard complaints about them and at that price point, it is hard to beat. My bro-in-law loves his. I've yet to get my HD model mounted yet. I'm getting ready to buy a mount. My only minor beef with the SWFA is the quad reticle. I think personally I would rather just hash and numbers. That was simply their way of getting away from mil-dots so you could see through the dot instead of the mil-dot covering up your target. For me right now though, it is just fine.

Comment

• wraith1516
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

The see through mil dot on there scope can be used for measuring tenth of a mil better than a hash mark more like a regular mildot 1 mildot is .2 tenth of a mil with the added benifit of not obscuring the target loved mine till I lost it in a bet

Comment

• pistolpeta
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2016

haha

Sorry to hear about the bet man.
            Talked to another owner and he said that I should be fine without the 20moa add.
            I just got the Aero precision ultra light scope mount and set it up today.
            All I need now is a decent bipod and I think Ill get it out to the range soon!
            Ill get a pic up soon.
            all Ive got is one 10rd mag for it as is.

Comment

• pistolpeta
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2016

Comment

• pistolpeta
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2016

All I need is that bipod and some range time
                ohh and practice with mils rather than MOA.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Nice looking rig. Pretty sure that mount is on backwards, though.
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• pistolpeta
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2016

your most likely correct!
                    I didnt even think about that haha, thanks for looking out!
                    Im in pollen allergy land right now, and with all the meds Im surprised the scope isnt mounted on the bottom rail lol

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pistolpeta View Post
                      your most likely correct!
                      I didnt even think about that haha, thanks for looking out!
                      Im in pollen allergy land right now, and with all the meds Im surprised the scope isnt mounted on the bottom rail lol
                      I totally understand. Allergy medicine does some funny stuff to most of my family, this time of year.

Yours is also not the worst optic related miscue I've seen. Honest to Goodness, I watched an RO at the local shooting range exhibit some of the best self control I'd ever seen, while assisting a shooter on the line. He was having trouble hitting the proverbial side of a barn with his brand new rifle. It seems he was having a lot of trouble seeing the target very well with his new scope, a fairly basic 3-9 Burris. I nearly fell down though, when the RO asked me if I would lend the shooter my allen wrenches so they could reverse the scope, end for end.

When he brought my tools back he thanked me and added; "I was really wondering how anyone could hit anything with such a small view!". He had never used a telescopic sight of any kind before, and clearly had very limited experience. What really got me, though, was that he'd mounted it himself and had apparently never thought to look through it from the other end.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• pistolpeta
                        Bloodstained
                        • Mar 2016

BAHAHAHAHAH, that was the laugh I needed.

Most ranges have the real quiet type who dont wanna make friends, and then the others who converse and laugh and teach.
                        I pray that if I ever am caught resembling that guy, that my peers are of the latter.

I was at a local pistol range about 1.5 years ago, 11 yards.

just got my .22lr suppressor and was having a good ole time alone on the range.(Indoor)

middle aged man comes in and watches me for about 20 mins(im thinking hes never seen a suppressor outside of the movies or something) I continue to fire and then I go speak with him.

"hey man, whats up?"

"Im waiting on the range officer to set up my target" he says.

I then explain to him that its a little trolley system so you set up your own targets.

I set it up for him and watch him get in his tactical stance.
                        He rented a .38 special revolver. brought the gun up to his eyes.
                        I looked at him and the barrel was pointed toward the ceiling!
                        I thought, "maybe he's just reading the barrel?"
                        BANG, the dude shoots the ceiling...

I walk over to him and ask him if he's familiar with the firearm he's handeling.
                        he says "its been 20 years since bootcamp", "I need some practice".

I then showed him how to line up the sights and watched him almost hit the ceiling again!

It was clear that this man didnt know what to do, so I continued to guide him as best I could for the rest of my time there until we both left.

At the end I asked him what his rate was as he acted very military like in his lingo and attitude.

the man told me "Master at arms".

true story. scared me actually.
                        the guys a librarian of small arms for a naval vessel and he was that untrained/poorly practiced.

Comment

• pistolpeta
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2016

Minus 1 for the aero precision ultra light mount. having the haves of the scope rings being in the vertical direction rather than horizontal made situating the scope a horrible feat compared to the standard scope ring layout.

Comment

• Shoot1jmk
                            Unwashed
                            • Mar 2016

I'm thinking about the Badger Ordnance 30mm 1 Piece Ringmount... Anyone have an opinion on this brand?

Comment

• Younger
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by pistolpeta View Post
                              Minus 1 for the aero precision ultra light mount. having the haves of the scope rings being in the vertical direction rather than horizontal made situating the scope a horrible feat compared to the standard scope ring layout.
                              Just like the old Weaver mounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X