Did the Supreme Court just gut the full auto bans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Did the Supreme Court just gut the full auto bans?

• Hoser1
    Bloodstained
    • May 2015

I do believe that's how I am reading this………

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Most judges are totally ignorant about what laws are on the books regarding 2A. Generations of abuse have passed that would not make it through legal scrutiny today, so its only a matter of time before some of these issues pop up.

Then the question remains, do you have an activist who doesn't care about the facts, and already has their mind made up?

A funny way to throw them for a loop is to present them with suppressor and SBR NFA violations.

"Why does my 4' client have to suffer with arbitrary shotgun and rifle barrel lengths, neither of which are the same?"

NFA limit on shotguns: 18"
      Rifles: 16"

Please show me the Constitutional argument for restricting one's right to keep and bear arms with barrels that don't meet these arbitrary limitations.

Get a class-action suit going to the SCOTUS over SBRs and suppressors, with teeth in the form of all $200 tax stamps having to be reimbursed to the plaintiffs. Doesn't step on anyone's toes, and has lots of support.

It's a very easy case to win. "Your honors, one of these firearms can land you up to 10 years in Federal Prison, confiscation of your property, forfeiture of assets, in an ATF internal court.

The other is totally fine to own without any unusual provisions. Can you guess which one is which?"

Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-26-2016, 03:43 PM.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Pardon the precipitation on your parade, guys, but ISTR reading that the courts have ruled that "reasonable restrictions" do not violate the Second Amendment.

Lotsa luck on getting the machine gun and SBR laws overturned...

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

there has been a decent movement in suppressor laws recently and the "hearing protection act" aims to remove suppressors from the nfa list the want to leave standard background check in place but take away the lengthy 6+ month weight and tax stamp, which seems plausible and would be a good start

might be able to lump SBR into handgun category and streamline that process

machine guns.... as much as i would like to see i i doubt there will be any movement, and ironically i think you would get poor support out of the gun community who already owns machine guns as if the 86' ban was overturned their $20,000 registered m16 would become a $600 dollar gun beyond the legal hurdles

as much as i would enjoy owning a gun with a giggle switch i don't see the laws for it changing, i have hope for suppressors and maybe sbr
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

Working...
          X