• Roe
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Neckshot deer w Grendel

Another deer killed by the Grendel.

• Buck2732
    Warrior
    • Feb 2012

Roe, another great vid, and excellent shooting.
    Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• jawbone
      Warrior
      • Jan 2012

thoroughly satisfying film. great presence and stunning countryside. still can't believe those colors. brilliant shot to wrap it up. many thanks, Roe.

Comment

• Errorhead
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2012

Beautiful country!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

Nice shot, and nice job handling the comments below the video. I have heard some folk say they only want an animal they eat to have one bad day in its life. I would prefer it had one bad imperceptible millisecond of that day. : )

Comment

• Roe
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jawbone View Post
            still can't believe those colors.
            It is almost funny that you say that. One of my biggest frustrations is that I am unable to relay the full spectre of colours and intensity I see when I'm there. Especially the green moss; after a little rain and when the sun peeks out it is shining like jewelry. When I walk inbetween the oldest trees it's like a magical glow in an otherwise dark forest. It is downright enchanting, but I have yet to catch that vision correctly on camera.

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
            Nice shot, and nice job handling the comments below the video. I have heard some folk say they only want an animal they eat to have one bad day in its life. I would prefer it had one bad imperceptible millisecond of that day. : )
            I very much agree. I feel enough of a bastard as it is with the deer carrying babies, but the hunting shown is necessary cull hunting/ population control, so to put it down as fast as possible seems to be the only grace I can offer. Occasionally I make mistakes and the deer must be bayed by the dog and taken with the knife. It feels absolutely horrible to put your hands on a wounded animal to restrain it and feel how it struggles and tapers away to nothing.

And I've been very lucky with the people commenting. So far I have not attracted the attention of anyone who just shouts abuse and hates. Almost without exception every comment have been from decent people who just have a different reference or a different point of view.

Comment

• customcutter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

Excellent video and commentary. Yes, we have to conduct our selves at the highest levels, but there will always be haters. They think meat comes from the super market or the corner butcher shop.

Comment

• Von Gruff
                Chieftain
                • Apr 2012

For those of us who hunt for the table we are fulfilling one of the oldest dictates of mankind. It is our heritage to hunt and just because there may be farm raised meat at the supermarket there is no reason on Gods green Earth that we shouldnt continue to enjoy what is there in the wild. If we didn' take a certain number of animals there would have to be culling programmes and for the most part the govt relies on poison or shooters who are doing a job so in a large part we are saving the animals a grat deal of distress when we take them cleanly with the little Grendel being one of the best tools for the job so we are doubly blessed to enjy what we do, have great table fair and be amongst a group of like minded hunters on this forum.
                Like the others have said we enjoy the videos and hope you continue to have the sucess you are generously sharing with us.
                http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
                Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• win.308stealth
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2015

Roe- what kind of setup do you use, that you can shoot video through your scope?

Comment

• Grendelseeker
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2016

Distance to deer?

Comment

• Roe
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by win.308stealth View Post
                      Roe- what kind of setup do you use, that you can shoot video through your scope?
                      I simply hold the camera behind the eyepiece.

Comment

Working...
                      X