• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHORT-N-SASSY
    Warrior
    • Apr 2013

Judge rules Newtown families' lawsuit against gun maker can go forward

"Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis said that a 2005 federal law protecting gun-makers from lawsuits does not prevent lawyers for the victim's families from arguing that the semi-automatic rifle is a military weapon and should not have been sold to civilians." --- http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/15...ml?intcmp=hpbt
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

That judge is trying to legislate from the bench.

...yet another reason to encourage family, friends, and colleagues to vote this November.

Also, the outcome of the primary process will make a difference.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Her case won't make it very far. Arguing is not going to get traction.

Duck and geese hunters for years had shotgun semi autos. Hunters with rifles for years have had semi auto rifles. The gun is not the issue, the person behind the trigger is.

Most modern day sporting rifles are derived from military weapons. It's been this way since the old lever guns. 1870? The 30-30 was a huge idea--- 7-8 rounds inside to protect oneself, and to take multiple shots at running game ,,,, with a slower caliber speed..

Just because the 5.56 round was made in the early years of the 60's, altho developed from the .222 in the mid 50's, and its somewhat readily available now days--- doesn't mean it should be banned. Nor the weapons.

If one is a lawfully abiding citizen,, don't let this Shiite happen. Its a tool, only let loose by a Fool.. This idea of banning anything.

Cars are more of a threat- TEXTING ALSO! shape up America-

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Sorry, one more point here, The Mom knew her son was a problem- Newton, yet she brought him to the range to target shoot, often. Why? It ended up as her demise. Firstly.

Why did he have access to the safe, or keys ? Can't keep your version of a Troll under the basement stairway - forevever..

Things need to be dealt with in USA , concerning the troubled kids, etc. Make sure meds are taken,,,or get them even More help. No more laksidaisy. We lose rights when your kids go bang bang in the streets and schools in our great nation. Be a Responsible PARENT!!!! Deal with your kids! You made them! It's your responsibility!!!!!!!

(We may start Lawsuits against parents for shootings ) . Yes , I think this is a Great Idea for America. I'm on this BTW.! Look out !

You and love interest made that child= you 2 are responsible for that child- HEEEEyyy HEY HEYYY , it's yours- you own it- you 2 made it- fess, and PAY UP !!!

LOCK UP YOUR WEAPONS, HIDE THE KEYS- MAKE IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO GET THEM, ITS TIME, BEFORE BILLARY TRIES TO GET IN .

Also, don't send jr off to school,, if he's having problems,,, then you don't contact him again- again---- bad SHIITE parenting. Grow up America- Parenting is tuff now days. Be an ADULT. Think Colorado batman theatre shoot guy, lack of parenting again... Get involved in kids lives.

Knives in kitchen an issue with JR- put them in the safe- he cant get at you---- Plan people- Think.... omg

If a knife comes at you from JR- call the cops , defend yourself meanwhile,. Semi autos are fine for us all to Defend that Right
        Last edited by sneaky one; 04-16-2016, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• newb
          Warrior
          • Feb 2015

Three old sayings come to mind: "the second amendment isn't about hunting" "you can't fix stupid" "the irrational madness of crowds"

Does anyone sue Ford, GM, or Jack Daniels for DUI caused deaths?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
            Warrior
            • Apr 2013

". . . a common theme of mass shootings is that they occur in places where guns are banned and killers know everyone will be unarmed . . ." --- The Facts about Mass Shootings http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ings-john-fund

". . . the mere presence of an officer can deter would-be attackers; and if a gunman does attack, a school resource officer is already there to respond . . ." --- More schools bringing in armed security guards after Newtown shooting last December http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1435815

ETA: This matter falls under the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/s397/text. NOTE: The following is included as an example of the spirit of the Law, only, not an endorsement of the candidate:

Last edited by SHORT-N-SASSY; 04-16-2016, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• muzz1504
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
              The gun is not the issue, the person behind the trigger is.
              -
              This^

Seems to me that anyone with any common sense should realize that the PERSON PULLING THE TRIGGER is the problem.

Evidently we have way too many politicians(and others) in this country who can't accept that as fact. People no longer being held accountable for their actions(can't blame little Johnny, let's blame an inanimate object), some seem unaware that there are repercussions for unacceptable behavior. Sometimes seems that our elected officials are 'greasing the skids' to assist the decline of our society.
              I'm 62 years old and served proudly for 6 years in the U.S. Army('72-'78) but this country today isn't the same one I grew up in and served. Or maybe every generation realizes the same thing as they get older?
              It's sad, but I worry about the conditions in this nation that my grand children will have to deal with when they grow up. I don't see things going anywhere but downhill.
              Enough of my rambling.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                Warrior
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by muzz1504 View Post
                . . . It's sad, but I worry about the conditions in this nation that my grand children will have to deal with when they grow up. I don't see things going anywhere but downhill. . . .
                muzz1504, I share your real concerns. The way we were: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...rles-c-w-cooke
                Last edited by SHORT-N-SASSY; 04-17-2016, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

I certainly agree with all the common sense statements made here. It's nothing but ludicrous when judges and courts begin considering that gun manufacturers are somehow responsible for the actions of the mentally-defected.

But the public generally follows the bidding of an administration as corrupt as the present one, so I begin believing most anything is possible. I'm not here to make a political statement, but look at the asinine rulings on something as straightforward and simple as illegal immigration. Rules and laws are as clear as a bell, yet we have millions of illegals living in the open.

This country is rapidly gravitating toward the biddings of Europe and other nonUS entities.

The NRA is the only politically active organization I have given funds to in hopes they remain adamant and active in political circles, to carry the message for the unabated freedom to own weapons. And I resent when Obama and other extremist lefties in the media try to make the NRA into some out-of-control organization. I am the NRA.
                  If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

We need more mental health - awakening here- everyone should be trained as what to look for in the , possibility of a mass murderer being stopped before it occurs. Seems like there may be a sign that many missed in the recent shooting events. About the shooter. Usually a confrontation, comments, a something.

Past history of dom. violence, police arrest records, recorded threats, etc. Hiding inside the house, apt.,,, with no contact with outside world,, parents hiding adult kids in the basement- like a troll- an oddity.

Check inside YOUR circle- identify an issue if there is one. Don't be afraid to ask questions, Deal with what YOU NOTICE !

If you see something, say something. It's a huge sign at the MSP airport here. 200K flights out, & in last year.
                    Last edited by sneaky one; 04-26-2016, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

The real problem is sending pilgrims out into the wild, with no protection.

We all know predators walk among us, so why wander about society thinking we can expect safety?

Even worse, let's send hundreds of defenseless children to a compound guarded by women who can't even run 100yds, let alone defend themselves, and demand safety for the children.

But yeah, this is of course the fault of the gun manufacturers. I guess in that logic, selling them to police departments, knowing they are going to shoot innocent urban youths, is enough for a lawsuit too.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

The problem today is the reboot of values the people of this nation are living by. The people of this nation once valued perseverance, morals, hard work and strong individual character. We may have not all agreed on everything and made many mistakes along the way but we did take pride in our national heritage, the sacrifices the early citizens made to created this nation and used it as an inspiration for our own lives. If we screwed up there was nobody there to powder our butts and kiss our boo boo's. We didn't stand around whining about it but dug in and kept going. Today through hook or crook we have become a nation of victims and cry baby's who expect to be protected and cared for like a crying helpless infant. Nobody is held accountable for their actions as the self created problems are tossed to an endless list of excuses for ones failures in life. Logic and truth is a discouraged and a growing criminalized thought process feared by the masses as it reflects the truth of individuals failings. Expecting people to understand reality is going to be an up hill battle. Here is an example of what a nanny state creates and an individuals inability to think for themselves.http://abc13.com/news/video-reporter...flood/1296639/

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2013

JUDGE STRIKES DOWN SANDY HOOK SUIT AGAINST AR-15 MANUFACTURER (http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...-manufacturer/)

Comment

• 1075 tech
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2015

They will appeal of course. Using their logic, My aunt should have been able to sue Ford because some guy got drunk and killed her daughter. Ford should have forseen that someone would have used their product illegally.

Comment

• m796rider
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by 1075 tech View Post
                              They will appeal of course. Using their logic, My aunt should have been able to sue Ford because some guy got drunk and killed her daughter. Ford should have forseen that someone would have used their product illegally.
                              The actual legal argument here is that Bushmaster should not be marketing "weapons of war" to the public, and THAT is why they should be held liable. It'd be like saying Ford should not be marketing Raptors to the general public because their only real use is to go unreasonably fast and scare Prius owners - no civilized society needs Raptors, for God's sake.

It's beyond stupid and throws the Newtown families involved under the bus for no benefit to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X