X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Try BTE, Battle Tested Equipment. They've made some that worked very well for my setup. I've got both a .986 and a .750 with low profile adjustable from them. Fit under my UTG slim profile hand guard is excellent.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• neenjuh
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2015

They don't make a low profile .875 adjustable. If I am running suppressed with this barrel, do I need to have adjustable?

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by neenjuh View Post
        They don't make a low profile .875 adjustable. If I am running suppressed with this barrel, do I need to have adjustable?
        Ahh - I see what happened. They do, but are not currently in the drop list, which usually means temporarily out of stock.
        BTE low profile Gas Blocks

Available in adjustable or standard
        Made of Aerospace Grade T6 aluminum
        Offered in .625", .750", .875", .936" barrel diameters
        Anodized to Mil-A 8625 Type 3 Class 2 specifications
        Available in black, Magpul Flat Dark Earth and Magpul Olive Drab
        Will cover the A2 sight post pin holes
        Dimensions: 1.825"L x 1.550"H
        100% Made in the U.S.A.
        Please allow 3-5 days lead time for Magpul FDE or OD
        You can email or call and the owner will gladly try to work with you. Before he made the low profiles, he modified one of the Rail equipped blocks to a Low Profile for someone I know.

There is also a .875" Adjustable "Micro", set screw style, for $39.95, and that IS available and in the drop list.

BTE Set Screw micro Gas Blocks
        Available in adjustable or standard
        Available in .625", .750", .875", .906 (.50 Beowulf) and .936" barrel diameters
        Machined from High Carbon 100% US Steel with a parkerized finish
        Will fit inside even the smallest of handguards
        Dimensions approximately: 1.000"L x 1.331-.625" depending on model
        100% Made in the U.S.A..

This might do the trick for you, if you don't mind the set screw.

I don't own a suppressor, but most folks I hear say "YES!" to adjustable gas blocks. The suppressors are quite hard on BCG's and create significant back pressure. An adjustable gas block allows you to cut that back to a manageable level.
        Last edited by NugginFutz; 04-23-2016, 09:57 PM.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• neenjuh
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2015

After I sent that I reread the description and thought that may be the case. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Many thanks sir. I would rather go with the clamp on versus the set screw.

From what I've read everyone is saying what you said in regard to running suppressed. Thanks again for everything, I'm excited about this gas block!

Comment

• jurassic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Is there anyone who could make a standard lopro gas block with an undersized port that could be drilled, or machined to a known good size for this length barrel and gas length?
            I bought the Troy .875 lopro gas block, I'm sure it will fit under just about any hand guard. I'm going to try it first to see how bad it's overgrassed.

Comment

• jurassic
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Another quick update, I called Troy Industries and asked about getting a gas block with an undersized or undrilled port hole.
              He's going to see if it's possible to pull one. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Spartan14
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2016

Micro moa mini govanah covers what you want.

Comment

• jurassic
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I do not see that they make a .875 version on their web site.

Comment

Working...
                  X