• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bravo Vector Tango
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by jkla2016 View Post
    Looks like you are off to a great start. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.
    Thank you, Sir.

Comment

• Bravo Vector Tango
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2016

I could not resist doing a quick installation of lower components, and mock up the rest.

Comment

• jkla2016
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2016

That is beautiful.

Comment

• tasty_chicken
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2015

When is your barrel coming in? I'm looking to pick up one of those as well and interested in seeing more pictures of it.

Comment

• Bravo Vector Tango
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by tasty_chicken View Post
            When is your barrel coming in? I'm looking to pick up one of those as well and interested in seeing more pictures of it.
            Scheduled to be delivered 5/9 according to the tracker. I will post some detail shots for you.

Comment

• danm
              Warrior
              • Aug 2014

Looking good!

Comment

• Bravo Vector Tango
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2016

I installed a V7 Weapon Systems ion bond black titanium castle nut, atop a Fortis aluminum qd endplate.

I also installed a Magpul MOE trigger guard, and a battle arms magazine button.

I borrowed a Primary Arms 4-14x32 FFP Mil-Mil in an Aero lightweight mount, from my .308 AR10:

And here is the entire rig as she sits today:

ETA: My barrel crossed the state line into Oregon early this morning, wee! This thing is getting really close.
                Last edited by Bravo Vector Tango; 05-07-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• danm
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2014

Looking REALLY good, so is the scope and mount permanent?

Comment

• Bravo Vector Tango
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by danm View Post
                    Looking REALLY good, so is the scope and mount permanent?
                    Well, therein, my friend; lie a few dilemmas i'm mulling over.

The scope:

it is from what i've experienced, nice for what it is, a mil-mil FFP with tactical resetable turrets in the 250$ price range, it held up well under the recoil of my .308 AR10, did not shift zero, and tracked well. however it is HEAVY and will it stand the test of time? To be determined. it will stay for a bit, but what I've had my eye on, is a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10, the only bummer for me is from what i've read it seems to be SFP.

the mount:

I really like it for what it is: a same plane, lightweight , cantalevered one piece unit. very solid. the scope was confirmed level with an arisaka tool. the question is, will I need a 20 or 30 MOA mount in this aplication? again, To Be Determined.

the color scheme:

so ODG is much more aplicable for the flora and terrain in my area (Oregon, evergreens) and I have multiple FDE and Black rifles, so I wanted to do something different. the problem I've ran into is, ODG seems to be going out of style, finding parts i want, and i can be rather picky, in ODG has proven challenging.

SO, I'm left with either refinishing some things, or throwing on a few more FDE parts and calling it a camo monster. which may be somewhat appropriate for it, being a Grendel and all, in light of the namesake.

Comment

• Bravo Vector Tango
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2016

Barrel is out for delivery, Pics forthcoming this evening.

Comment

• danm
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

Well I run the Vortex 2.5-10x44 and it is SFP and I think for the magnification it's awesome. They do make a 32 FFP with a few hundred dollar upcharge. Pretty sure LRRPF52 runs the 32 and loves it.

Comment

• Bravo Vector Tango
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2016

Well I run the Vortex 2.5-10x44 and it is SFP and I think for the magnification it's awesome. They do make a 32 FFP with a few hundred dollar upcharge. Pretty sure LRRPF52 runs the 32 and loves it.
                          that is valuable information and good to know, perhaps i spoiled myself by jumping into a FFP scope out of the gate, as i find myself hesitant to try SFP, even though with as many high end SFP scopes as there are out there, finding a sub-1000$ FFP scope seems to be a tall order, the PA4-14 is one of the few that delivers. there is the possibility of my ignorance showing here, as i am still on what i would consider a learning curve regarding variable optics, the nicest scope i've been behind is a Leupold. I do not have the extensive service record or competition history of some other members of the horde, but my passion and desire to learn and develop my skills further are high.

Comment

• danm
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Bravo Vector Tango View Post
                            that is valuable information and good to know, perhaps i spoiled myself by jumping into a FFP scope out of the gate, as i find myself hesitant to try SFP, even though with as many high end SFP scopes as there are out there, finding a sub-1000$ FFP scope seems to be a tall order, the PA4-14 is one of the few that delivers. there is the possibility of my ignorance showing here, as i am still on what i would consider a learning curve regarding variable optics, the nicest scope i've been behind is a Leupold. I do not have the extensive service record or competition history of some other members of the horde, but my passion and desire to learn and develop my skills further are high.
                            IMG_1126 (3).jpg

Here's mine with the same mount, I've only shot out to 940 yrds but I still had some turns left on my elevation turret so depending on what type and how far you intend to shoot you could keep the mount...

Comment

• Bravo Vector Tango
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2016

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7854[/ATTACH]

Here's mine with the same mount, I've only shot out to 940 yrds but I still had some turns left on my elevation turret so depending on what type and how far you intend to shoot you could keep the mount...
                              That is fantastic to hear that the Aero lightweight mount has worked for you that far out. I feel it will fit the bill well and it obviously has for you.

Also, Great looking rifle man.

Comment

• danm
                                Warrior
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Bravo Vector Tango View Post
                                That is fantastic to hear that the Aero lightweight mount has worked for you that far out. I feel it will fit the bill well and it obviously has for you.

Also, Great looking rifle man.
                                THANKS!... It does the job...

Comment

Working...
                                X