• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

16 inch barrel

Looking for a 16 inch stainless barrel fluted 5/8thsx24 with bolt, and right size gas port. The right Grendel not the left Grendel. I must be missing something cause I can not find one. I did find one but the wait time is a little bit. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I should have put WTB on the subject line up there.
    Last edited by Slappy; 04-18-2016, 02:04 PM.
  • Younger
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
    Looking for a 16 inch stainless barrel fluted 5/8thsx24 with bolt, and right size gas port. The right Grendel not the left Grendel. I must be missing something cause I can not find one. I did find one but the wait time is a little bit. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I should have put WTB on the subject line up there.
    What size gas port would you consider to be the correct size?

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

Well, one that works would be nice. With all the stuff floating around out there evidently not in 16 inch cause you can not find one today. One that is proven in a mid length set up. I am not a machinist nor a smith but 75 to 78 is what I have read. In on the group buy and I think that states 78 and I would take Mr. J Hs word on that being he knows more than I and also a few others (I think) stated 78 is the best. Going by what I have read and hoping for the best. With out buying from one of the few that I have before it is new territory starting from the ground up. Have built the other 6. something but not the Grendel and have seen a few on here with HOLE troubles
      Last edited by Slappy; 04-18-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• 1075 tech
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

How important to you is the 5/8 thread? AA's 16" barrel is stainless, fluted, mid-length gas BUT has the 9/16" threading. Barrel and bolt for $275 plus shipping.

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

I saw that but it has to be 5/8ths just want to keep it simple. Thinking I have stopped the search and just going to wait on the group buy. I will be good to go with that. Getting two and might even change that if the boss sez its o-k!

and thanks by the way.

Comment

Working...
          X