• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Josh1996
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2016

What barrel?

I'm thinking of either a 20 inch black hole weaponry barrel or an Oden works barrel, which would you recommend? Thanks!!
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

Odin barrels haven't been around long, but I've see reports that people are getting sub MOA with them. BHW have been around and with good accuracy. What chamber do you want? Id also consider the Criterion barrel from Precision Firearms.
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Jasarii
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2016

I wanted a good barrel, without breaking the bank...and after researching on here, I ordered a Criterion Barrel from Precision Firearms back in January. has now been 14 weeks and still waiting! hopefully it shows up soon.

Comment

• Josh1996
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2016

I just ordered one. Geez i hope i get mine sooner as well lol!!!

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

I ordered a 20" Criterion in December and received it last month.

I just think they got back-logged with the baby's arrival, since Judy handles orders, shipping & receiving.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Jasarii
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2016

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Should only be another week or two.

Comment

• martkin64
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2015

Check out dead shot barrels. Theyou are out of Oregon. I have one and they are fantastic barrels. A few of my buddies have them as well all in 6.5 Grendel. Good quality and won't break the bank.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                Warrior
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                I ordered a 20" Criterion in December and received it last month.

I just think they got back-logged with the baby's arrival, since Judy handles orders, shipping & receiving.
                How does it shoot?

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by martkin64 View Post
                  Check out dead shot barrels. Theyou are out of Oregon. I have one and they are fantastic barrels. A few of my buddies have them as well all in 6.5 Grendel. Good quality and won't break the bank.
                  I think they might chamber there barrels in 264lbc, nothing wrong with that. As long as you know that in advanced, if they are telling you 6.5 Grendel then they should use the Grendel chamber. Since the Chamber Bill A designed is more forgiving to different types of ammo. Just my .02
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Greyfox
                    Bloodstained
                    • May 2011

I too ordered a Criterion 20" barrel from PF in December and got it last month. It's a great barrel and worth the wait. I did not want to comment on the barrel until I shot it in a match. With no real load development with the 123 A max and IMR8208 powder all I checked was velocity and pressure signs. Then I got it sighted in for 100 and 600 yard zero.Our first NRA Hi-Power match was last Saturday and I shot the new NRA AR Tactical Match for two of the 4 matches with my Grendel. Max points are 200.The first match was 190-4x and the second was 193-6x. That is the first time I shot 2 matches in the 190's with any of my Grendel rifles.Yes I am very pleased with my Criterion barrel from PF. The new Mid Range (Prone) Tactical AR match is shot in the prone position with a harris type bi pod (or back pack) and and sand sock in back. 12 power scope max,4.5 lb trigger, 20" or less barrel in 22 cal up to 30 cal. Only flash hiders are allowed on barrel. Fixed or adjustable stock and FFT of your choice. NRA New Rules Section 23
                    Greyfox

Comment

• Mark_L
                      Unwashed
                      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                      I think they might chamber there barrels in 264lbc, nothing wrong with that. As long as you know that in advanced, if they are telling you 6.5 Grendel then they should use the Grendel chamber. Since the Chamber Bill A designed is more forgiving to different types of ammo. Just my .02
                      Per a reply from the company, they are LBC and also headspaced for a .125" bolt face depth. Too bad, they seem to have a nice bunch of options.

Comment

• majohnson
                        Unwashed
                        • Apr 2016

Barrels

I ordered a match barrel and bolt from Lilja, it 23" long. While I only have around 30 rounds shot threw it, the accuracy seems to be 1/2 moa. No issue shooting a 16" gong at 600 and 1000yds. Once I get to 100 rounds I will start do load development, however right now it looks very promising. Lilja is known for making great barrels.

Comment

• Ride The
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2015

I also ordered a 20" Criterion from PF the first of December and received it the first of april, the first 100ish rds of any factory ammo i ran through it (wolf,ppu,and hornady) shot 1.5" groups at 100yds all day long, the next 80ish of hornady amax and sst factory loads will shoot 3/4-7/8" groups at 100 and 1.5" at 200yds, Ive never had a barrel that had a drastic gain in performance like that usually for me they gradually got better then plateaued out. Not complaining I just found that interesting

Comment

• Jasarii
                            Unwashed
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Jasarii View Post
                            I wanted a good barrel, without breaking the bank...and after researching on here, I ordered a Criterion Barrel from Precision Firearms back in January. has now been 14 weeks and still waiting! hopefully it shows up soon.
                            Well, today I got home and look what was sitting on my doorstep. Took 20 weeks, but my PF Criterion barrel and bolt arrived!
                            Looking forward to finishing this upper build and put it through its paces.
                            ***was trying to post a pic from my mobile device, but guess it's not gonna work.

Comment

• Cockednlocked
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jun 2016

I bought a 20" Odin Works barrel, matched BCG and adjustable gas block from my LGS a few weeks ago. I trust the guy's judgment in promoting the barrel, he's former SF armorer and knows his guns. The barrel is stamped "Grendel", does that mean it has the Grendel chamber, and how would I tell which chamber it has if the barrel stamp doesn't mean anything? It's 1 in 8 twist, button rifled, M4 ramps. The machine work is excellent, a very nice chunk of stainless. I'm putting a Precision Firearms LMD brake on it and mounting it all to a Mega A3 forged upper and using a Geissele rail. This is a second upper for the AR I have, which I built several years ago as a CQB gun in 300BLK.

Comment

Working...
                              X