• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jtmbtech
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2016

Jp SCS what spring and weights?

Those of you running the JP SCS did you get the extra springs and change any of the springs or weights out? I want to run this on my build it currently consists of voodoo lightweight bcg adjustable gas block for recoil reduction. I am buying the JP 22" barrel and SCS and I was wondering if I should get the spring kit or not
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Just get the normal one it comes with the black (middle spring) I have used this on 4 builds and a friend on two of his and have never switched them out. Never had to try it, shells come out like they are suppose to and never a problem, so I have left well enough alone. If you want to practice though and switch them out and find out what happens and even try to fine tune it more I have a spare set for sale in the for sale section just let me know. We have just run with the black middle one. They do make a difference and are a nice addition to these rifles. BANG BANG!!

An add on: Mind you we have never ran a lightweight BCG. Everyone of these seem to be a little different Probably because there is just so much different additions you can add.
    Last edited by Slappy; 04-28-2016, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I have the scs in my rifle and also have the extra springs but never felt the need to try to change them from the spring it came with.
      it really made my rifle more enjoyable to shoot by getting ride of the the spring noise.

Post some pics when you get her built up. I'm buying a barrel from jp next week but I'm going with the 18inch lightweight barrel and bolt combo for my build.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

For RLGS with a 22" and a lightweight carrier, the spring it comes with will probably be perfect for you.

For 18" MLGS, I had to use the White Spring to get it to lock back. There is hardly any recoil with the rifle, even at 7lbs 12oz with optics.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Jtmbtech
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2016

Thank you for all of your responses!

Comment

Working...
          X