• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahillock
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment

A lot of good stuff mentioned in here. Question is whether it is just election cycle talk or if it would really be done?

• davidj
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Of course it is just election rhetoric. If it isn't, think what all the other Trump Talk means. If he is somehow elected and tries to carry out all his plans he will have to circumvent the congress and the Constitution even more than Obummer has.
    Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. -The Havamal

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

This is great, and those who cherish our right to keep and bear arms should be pleased by Trump’s stated position on the Second Amendment.

Of course, liberal anti-gunners will hate this, but their opinion on the matter is of little concern to us “people of the gun,” of which Donald Trump is apparently one.
      Sure he is.

As best I can tell, Trump's current position was only adopted after seeking the Republican nomination. Prior to that, he wanted an assault weapons ban (as well as being friends with Bill and Hillary).

I don't trust him.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

It's probably the most aggressive 2A platform a Presidential candidate has ever called for, namely the National Right to Carry provision.

There is a lot of traction with that campaign actually, because a lot of people are wondering why their rights aren't recognized across State lines like they are with a driver's license, and many legislators are supporting National Right to Carry.

Anybody but Hillary, I don't care who it is. You think Obama is an enemy to the 2A? Hillary is campaigning on it.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

Election rhetoric or not, we know Clinton will do whatever she can do dismantle 2A. That goes without saying. More importantly, however, she would have a tremendous say in the Supreme Court nominee/nominees. For those of us who hold dearly to 2A, there's never been a more important election in recent memory. Trump;s not perfect, but compared to Clinton, he's as close to perfection as we'll get.

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE NOV 2016.
          If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            It's probably the most aggressive 2A platform a Presidential candidate has ever called for...
            Question is, does he really mean it, or is it an empty promise to sucker gun people into voting for him?

Trump before running as a Republican: "I support the ban on assault weapons"

Comment

• JASmith
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              Question is, does he really mean it, or is it an empty promise to sucker gun people into voting for him?...
              Do you think any other serious candidate can gain enough support to do anything? Bernie? Ted? Kasich?
              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Would it make sense for Trump to get elected, then head to Congress asking for an AWB after running on this platform?

He has a laundry list of other issues he seems to be more concerned with that he would spend political capital on.

I'm not a Trump guy, just observing.

Hillary, on the other hand, collected at least 900 records on Republican politicians when she was First Lady. She had vowed that one of her main goals will be a new Assault Weapons Ban, magazine ban, and they even have plans drafted by Diane Feinstein to ban the sale of Assault Weapon and Semi Automatic Weapon parts.

Also look at her involvement in Fast & Furious, where she was part of the 4 White House and Senior Administration figures (Biden, Obama, Holder) claiming that 90% of the weapons seized south of the border are from American gun dealers, while they had cartel straw purchasers funneling thousands of weapons to the cartels, with the ATF ordered to document the buyers going out of FFL dealers literally with armloads of guns, which were then found at crime scenes in Mexico and are still showing up to this day.

Imagine how passionately she would go after 2A with every backdoor approach and criminal dirty trick in the book, the lives of innocents be damned.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• devildogandboy
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2015

Sure he is.

As best I can tell, Trump's current position was only adopted after seeking the Republican nomination. Prior to that, he wanted an assault weapons ban (as well as being friends with Bill and Hillary).

I don't trust him.
                  ^^^^THIS, i don't trust him either but i will vote Republican no matter what for our best chances!
                  HOLY CRAP, DID YOU SEE THAT????????

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Would it make sense for Trump to get elected, then head to Congress asking for an AWB after running on this platform?
                    As easily as he flip-flopped on this issue to get the Republican nomination, I'm not sure that it matters if it makes sense. However, no, I don't see him actively pursuing an AWB if he gets elected.

He has a laundry list of other issues he seems to be more concerned with that he would spend political capital on.
                    Yes, and therein lies the danger with Trump. As he himself said, he is very good at making deals. HUUUUUUGE deals. Wonderful deals. I think he wouldn't hesitate to sign anti-gun legislation in trade for something that was really important to him.

Hillary, on the other hand, collected at least 900 records on Republican politicians when she was First Lady. She had vowed that one of her main goals will be a new Assault Weapons Ban, magazine ban, and they even have plans drafted by Diane Feinstein to ban the sale of Assault Weapon and Semi Automatic Weapon parts.

Also look at her involvement in Fast & Furious, where she was part of the 4 White House and Senior Administration figures (Biden, Obama, Holder) claiming that 90% of the weapons seized south of the border are from American gun dealers, while they had cartel straw purchasers funneling thousands of weapons to the cartels, with the ATF ordered to document the buyers going out of FFL dealers literally with armloads of guns, which were then found at crime scenes in Mexico and are still showing up to this day.

Imagine how passionately she would go after 2A with every backdoor approach and criminal dirty trick in the book, the lives of innocents be damned.
                    No argument. I just question that we'll be much better off with Trump.

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by devildogandboy View Post
                      ^^^^THIS, i don't trust him either but i will vote Republican no matter what for our best chances!
                      Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but it looks to me like no Republican has a realistic chance of beating Hillary.

Unless Bernie runs as a third party candidate, and draws enough Democratic votes away from Hillary.

Comment

• ahillock
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2016

Sure he is.

I don't trust him.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but it looks to me like no Republican has a realistic chance of beating Hillary.

Unless Bernie runs as a third party candidate, and draws enough Democratic votes away from Hillary.
                        I read that Hillary has even less primary votes this go around than she did back in 2008.

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ahillock View Post
                          Jeez, that's even worse than I realized.

I read that Hillary has even less primary votes this go around than she did back in 2008.
                          The primary is Democrat vs Democrat. I'm concerned about the general election, which is Democrat vs Republican.

"Last year, in addition to the 29% of Americans who identified as Democrats, another 16% said they were independents but leaned toward the Democratic Party, for a combined total of 45% Democrats and Democratic leaners among the U.S. population. Likewise, 26% of Americans identified as Republicans and an additional 16% identified as independents but leaned toward the Republican Party, for a combined total of 42% Republicans and Republican leaners."

Independents (42%) continue to greatly outnumber self-identified Democrats (29%) and Republicans (26%) in the U.S. The percentage of Democrats is at a historical low, while Republican identification is slightly above its recent low.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2015

This all boils down to the fact that voting by Republicans and gun owners is especially important in Nov '16 if Trump has any chance at all. A win by Clinton means extremist gun laws with be put in place, and at least one new liberal or activist Supreme Court justice will be installed, if not 2-3. 2A as we know it would certainly not survive.

Historically, a Republican-controlled Congress has exhibited minimal backbone to beat back the liberal onslaught. And of course, this is one reason that allowed Trump to outweigh the others in this race. I'm very concerned that Trump awakened the 'activist' Repubs and conservatives, and not sure this voting bloc will carry him through the general election.
                            If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• dammitman
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2012

this is really not all that complicated at all. anyone who has the interest in keeping the second amendment at least as intact as it is now which is not all that great has no choice at all except to vote for trump, period. everyone must get anyone who they can to vote for trump. its trump now or hilliary and anyone who wants to not have more restrictive laws or fees or registrations or any kind of further infringment on the rights of law abiding citizens of these united states must vote for trump. whomever wins the coming presidential election will be choosing from one to possibly three replacement supreme court justices and one never knows maybe more. now thats truly a scary thought. its simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X