• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rickc
    Warrior
    • Aug 2016

Yep

I waited 6 months for a cut rifling satern. They had a different story every time I called. I think they are selling so many of.their liberty barrels they don't have time to mess with the cut rifling barrels. Still have mine on order but don't expect to ever get it.

Ordered a lightweight 18 inch JP and had it in a week. Shoots great. my rifle.only weighs 7# 3 Oz.

Comment

• otter
      Unwashed
      • May 2016

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
      I think guys are getting JP barrels very timely and they are definitely shooters.

Nope, not gonna say it.
      Yup, and I'd be on JP in a new york minute if I didn't live in Maryland where non-HBAR barrels are verboten. I may give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I have the Shilen 20" barrel and I got mine from Midway about 5 years ago. My Shilen is a great shooter and I'm completely satisfied. I noticed Brownell's had JP 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolts in stock. You could also order a 20" barrel from JSE and use it until a more expensive cut rifled barrel was delivered.

Another forum member posted recently he bought the Wilson barrel from JSE and it looks like a real good option. Rock River Arms uses Wilson Stainless Steel barrels and after shooting those I wouldn't hesitate to try a barrel from JSE.

Comment

• Trumpet
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by otter View Post
          yeah, I want to make it clear that I'm talking about the Satern 5r, not Satern/Liberty. I've heard enough about satern/liberty that I think I would avoid those barrels.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how much to spend on a barrel and how much of an improvement i can get per $$. Assume ~$80 for bcg. It has to be an HBAR or heavier style. Assume ~70-100 for bolt

JSE Surplus: 275
          Odin: 325
          McGowen (264LBC): $265.00 + ~$70 bolt = 340
          Black Hole: $305+$70 bolt = 375
          Criterion: 400
          Satern: 450
          Shilen: 450

Kreiger, Bartlein, Lilja are just too far above what I want to spend on a barrel since i'm not a serious competitor. The shilens seem nice, but satern is the same price, and it's a completely custom barrel.

Necro post here, but it only has to be HBAR in this God-forsaken state it it's .223/5.56

Comment

Working...
          X