• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

RRA NM vs SSA-E

For those in the know, is the ssa-e a huge jump better then the rra nm trigger.

I'm running the rra at the moment but just ordered the ssa-e due to all the positive reviews on them. For those that have had both side by side is the ssa-e that much better.

And this will be my first trigger install, How difficult is it to install the ssa-e.
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

It's pretty simple to install a trigger group. Geissele sends pretty detailed instructions and their slave pins make it a little easier.

No opinion on the RRA.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      For those in the know, is the ssa-e a huge jump better then the rra nm trigger.

I'm running the rra at the moment but just ordered the ssa-e due to all the positive reviews on them. For those that have had both side by side is the ssa-e that much better.

And this will be my first trigger install, How difficult is it to install the ssa-e.
      I own both and there is absolutely no comparison. I owned the RRA NM first, and thought it to be an adequate two stage trigger. Enough so that I bought another for my next build. Fast forward to last year and I bought an SSA-E on sale. The experience with the SSA-E was nothing short of bliss. Very smooth takeup and super crisp break. Reset is quite short, but not too much so. I have plans to replace all my RRA NM's with the SSA-E or equivalent as soon as I am able.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• D.Davis
        Warrior
        • Sep 2013

A5, It is hard to argue against using a Geissele trigger. Dave.

Comment

• 41 apache
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2016

https://youtu.be/w9nfsa7Q5cg This guy knows how to put a trigger in. LOL His videos are great.

Check here for a price Botactical
          Last edited by 41 apache; 05-13-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Jakal
            Warrior
            • May 2014

I have 2- SSA'S, 6 SSA-E's and 1 RR NM. Just got my first Geissele NM and it is even better than the SSA-E.
            ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Cornbread
              Warrior
              • Dec 2015

Big difference. The RR tirst stage take up is light. Most of the pull weight is on the back end. The ssa-e is the opposite. Very light second stage. Nice trigger but it will take some getting used to if you have been using a RR.

Comment

• rwh
                Warrior
                • Jun 2014

+1 on the Geissele NM. I have mine set with 2lb first stage and an 8oz second. My only complaint is that it's easy to pull right through the second stage when my hands are cold.

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Someone has a 10% off this weekend, I drawing a blank. I'll update when I remember. Oh SLR Rifleworks is having a sale too great rails and adjustable Gas Blocks.

Edit: Joe Bob's Outfitter, 10% off coupon code at checkout May2016
                  Last edited by am4966; 05-14-2016, 05:50 AM. Reason: Add location of sale
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• nimitzman
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2016

Geisele has a hut at camp perry during the national matches. they have all their triggers mounted in display frames to test drive. they will install free right on the spot if you would rather not. other vendors are also on site.

Comment

Working...
                    X