• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TropicalVibe
    Warrior
    • Mar 2015

123Gr Nosler CC Load Work-Ups

Last edited by TropicalVibe; 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM.
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

My best load was 27 grains of XBR, but I never went any higher. I had zero pressure signs and never chronod this load. Nosler is usually on the conservative side of max. I could hold half moa out to 500 yds with these. Never went any further.

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• TropicalVibe
      Warrior
      • Mar 2015

Richard,

Thank you for that information. Is there a reason why you never went further than 27gr? Are these projectiles better or worse than others that you have loaded?

Cheers,
      TV

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

I honestly can't remember, it's been 3-4 years ago I guess. I do have data from txgunner on this forum where his best groups were with xbr at 27.8-28.4 grs. My first Grendel had a longish throat, 2.322 to the lands with this pill. As a comparison, the 123 amax had to be 2.371 to touch lands. I never tried them in my new barrel, just stuck with amaxes. They are as good as any pull out there I would imagine, I just neglected them for some reason.

Richard

Comment

• Heinz57grendel
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2016

my best results with this bullet were with ARcomp.

Comment

• Bobke
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

I have used 31.7 CFE/CCI 41 primer with Nosler CC's that were seconds, but separated by ogival length, tipped and pointed with excellent results to around 480yds. 2550 in 20" Bob Reynolds Bartlein and 2650 in 24" Satern. Would probably go to Scenars if going to 1000, but then again, would go to 6.5 Creedmor if spending time at 1k. Wouldn't hesitate to go to 8208, as I've had good results there, as well. A pretty forgiving round to load for, when all said/done.

Comment

• ricsmall
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Good to see u back bob. I had forgotten about your load with cfe. Come to think of it I tried that load. Don't remember results as its been a while. Seems like I didn't care for the recoil impulse of that rifle with cfe under any pill

Richard

Comment

• TropicalVibe
                Warrior
                • Mar 2015

I appreciate all of the real-world experience that people have shared! I am going to start with 8208 and see how that performs first. I might move to CFE if I don't get the accuracy I expect (<.75 MOA @ 100yds and hopefully 200+).

I'll try to work up to 27.5gr 8208, as I think it might be compressed, but not too much.

I'm trying to get a little worldly expierance and get out of the 123gr Amax box. My next test will be 95gr Vmax. Maybe a little 107gr SMK in the near future, who knows!

Thanks again,
                TV

Comment

• Bobke
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2015

Don't neglect 108 Scenars from testing either. Have to dig up notes, but seem to remember an 8208/108 combo that shot very well. It, and older 107 Sierra's, had very similar profile-don't think new 107's share same.

Rick
                  Been off working with handful of Creedmoor AR projects, but always interested to see what's developing here. Still have your Templar barrel? Mine's been a hammer, once I got used to longer freebore. Thx for welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                  X