• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mulie
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2016

scope mounts

Hell-o Horde
    has anyone used the Geissele scope mounts and if so how do you like em.
    Thank-you
    Mulie
  • mulie
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2016

scope mounts

well I guess nobody's used the Geissele scope mounts, so which ones come highly recommended.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I didn't even know Geissele made scope mounts till a couple weeks ago but suspect they might have been recently released. Common mounts you see mentioned on this sight for 20 MOA canted one piece mounts Night Force, Aadland, Larue and American Defense. For non cant one piece mounts Aero Precision light weight mount, Leupold, Borbo and SWFA or Burris PERP mount are commonly used. I read Vortex is releasing a 20 MOA mount and Nikon has a cheaper 20 MOA mount. I'm using a Rock River Arms cantilever 1" mount on my 16" 6.5 Grendel and a Aadland 20 MOA mount on my 20" 6.5 Grendel.
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-24-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mulie View Post
        well I guess nobody's used the Geissele scope mounts, so which ones come highly recommended.
        Mulie:

That's like asking what barrel length is highly recommended. Or what bullet is the best.

About the only consensus you will get is that the mount needs about twenty minutes of angle built into it.

One thing to ask yourself is if you want a quick detachable mount or not.

There are four or five threads on scope mounts. A couple are within the last six months. Run a search and you will get some good info.

LR55

Comment

• mulie
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2016

thank you for the comeback , I think I might try out the new Geissele mount its a little expensive but like they say better to buy and weep once than twice

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mulie View Post
            thank you for the comeback , I think I might try out the new Geissele mount its a little expensive but like they say better to buy and weep once than twice
            Mulie:

You weren't lying about how much the Geissele mounts cost. FWIW I doubt they are any better than LaRue.

LR55

Comment

• mulie
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2016

LR55
              I ended up getting a aadmount but I also saw where you bought scopes thru Liberty and bought my new scope thru Scott awesome person to deal with. Will be doing more business with him in the future, thanks for the tips.
              Mulie

Comment

Working...
              X