• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteDavis
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2015

Wolf 120 gr. MPT

I see that there is still a fair amount of the older brass-cased Wolf 120 MPT on the market.

It was my impression that this version of the ammo had been discontinued.

Is this still in production? I always thought this was the best price point on commercial ammo and it shoots well from my AA Hunter rifle.

Is there any opinion on the newer PPU brass case equivalent?

PD
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Wolf must still be importing the 6.5 Grendel 120 grain MPT ammo as Target Sports was out of stock a couple of weeks ago but back in stock now. Wolf list the MV as 2615 and Privi Partizan list 815 MPS (2673 FPS) but neither state the barrel length. The bullets appear to be the same and both cases use PPU brass. Wolf is a importer and gets ammunition from several sources. I've read wolf Gold 223 is loaded in Tiawan and some steel cased 223/5.56 is loaded in Russia.

Wolf could have Privi load the contract ammo to whatever Wolf specifies but from my shooting I can't distinquish them on target and only by which box they were supplied. When PSA had the PPU 120 grain HP BT for $9.99 a box I ordered 500 rounds and probably should have ordered a 1000. I still have two boxes of Wolf Gold 120 grain MPT I bought about five years ago and the ammo looks the same as my new PPU other than some PPU cases show more annealing on the shoulders and necks of the brass case.

Comment

• PeteDavis
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2015

Thank you VASCAR2.

PD

Comment

Working...
      X