• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catorres1
    Bloodstained
    • May 2016

Precision Grendel Builder

Any suggestions on who to use for a precision AR build, especially, but not exclusively, in central Texas?

Looking to go the extra bit to get as much precision as possible.

Thanks!
    Last edited by catorres1; 06-02-2016, 08:48 PM.
  • Fredman
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

If I was going to pay someone to build a Grendel, I'd buy a rifle or upper from P.F., JP., Les Baer. Otherwise I would buy the best parts I could afford, and build it.

Comment

• catorres1
      Bloodstained
      • May 2016

Fredman,

Thanks for the reply! I have sort of stumbled through this process and ended up here somewhat unexpectedly...all that is to say, I have all or most of the parts already, but may need someone to assemble them for precision. I certainly have friends who know how to put them together generally, but not necessarily with precision in mind...ie no truing the face of the upper, bedding etc. And that is certainly not something I can do myself. I may have a source to do this, not sure they have the bandwidth at the moment, so am looking for an alternative solution. I know one of the guys on here does it, but I don't know how to contact him except via pm, and I've not heard back.

I did get one name today, Underground Tactical, and they are near me, so I'll call them tomorrow to see if they'll do it, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

• am4966
        Chieftain
        • Jul 2014

Civtactical out of Minnesota talks about blue printing your upper when building ARs so I assume that's truing that face not sure about bedding. I know you are looking for TX guys but Dustin does good work. Might be worth a call, if I come across someone else in my travels on my daily visit to forums I'll be sure to let you know.
        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• catorres1
          Bloodstained
          • May 2016

AM,

Thanks for that, I'll check into those guys as well. I would obviously like someone local, but I definitely am willing to send out as necessary.

Comment

Working...
          X