X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RicosRevenge
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

As was mentioned; the biggest concern is the Supreme Court... how can she be worse than Obama? Right freakin' here.

The government was set up with a checks and balances system. This kept Obummer in check and will do the same for Hillary (or Trump because he's f'n nuts). Because of this we can can survive 4 years with either as POTUS. However, the Supreme Court doesn't have that balance from a 3rd party. They have the balance from within their ranks.

The next President may have up to 4 Supreme Court nominations. Scalia is the obvious one but then you have 3 more (Ginsburg, Kennedy and Breyer) that are all well past the average age for retirement (or Clinton inspired "suicide"). The 2A and the rest of the Constitution as we know it would be in serious jeopardy.

Comment

• Drift
      Warrior
      • Nov 2014

I see in the news today that when Hillary is elected she will issue an executive order to ban guns; knowing that she can not get such a law through Congress. So yes, it's time to start preparing.

Comment

• ironhorse18
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2015

I haven't been on our site for awhile, so I just thought I'd cruse around. Lots of comments here for sure. All I can say is AMEN to most all of the above. I will say this at no risk I hope. Any politician that wants to take your guns is not interested in preventing crime. Look at history. Take heed my Brothers, Take heed.

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Drift View Post
          I see in the news today that when Hillary is elected she will issue an executive order to ban guns; knowing that she can not get such a law through Congress. So yes, it's time to start preparing.
          Link please. It might help justify some purchases this with SWMBO. ; )
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
            Link please. It might help justify some purchases this with SWMBO. ; )
            Drift is greatly exaggerating the matter. The report was not about banning guns via executive order. It was about closing the "gunshow loophole."

FauxNews today:

Here is the undercover video (from 17 August) that was the basis for the above story:

BTW, this is not a new story. Here's video from a year ago that discusses Hillary herself openly saying the same thing that was reported today as if a secret plan was being revealed:

Last edited by stanc; 10-16-2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• JASmith
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2014

Stan has a point.

Nonetheless, we know that she, along with a lot of others say mostly what people want to hear. She has also urged "common sense" safeguards for firearms purchases. These tend to involve more detailed documentation of who purchases them and establishing the conditions for either targeted or population wide confiscation or mandated turnover.

That is only one of many reasons to fear that the worst is coming.

Now, can anyone show documentation that shows what firearms can be transferred at a gunshow without going through an FFL and exercising the local mandated wait time?
              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• 37L1
                Warrior
                • Jan 2015

Easy. Lots of people show up at these shows walking around with guns for sale. They are not vendors. They sell face to face to other attendees without the benefit of a FFL or background check as a private sale. You know it and I know it. Whether the proposed legislation will address this or if it would make one bit of difference in violent gun usage is very doubtful. It's just a "Well, we have got to do something" CYA deal. It's a joke but I ain't laughing.

Comment

• dammitman
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2012

yes those "private sales" go on everyday in the USA. it is perfectly legal under the law. although i think that there are places in the US that one cannot even have own pistol without it being registered with the authorities. maybe california and hawaii? but and here again is the bigg butt, if a law is passed that there can be no more private sales there is no way at all to enforce that law without every gun everywhere being registered. thats it. thats how they roll,,,pass a law that cannot be enforced without passing a registration law.

Comment

• 1075 tech
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                    although i think that there are places in the US that one cannot even have own pistol without it being registered with the authorities. maybe california and hawaii?

NY State has required handgun registration since 1914, IIRC.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Everything about Hillary you've seen in the open has been internally-polled, then talking points sent to their army of "willing soldiers" and "surrogates", their words, not mine, in the presstitute brothels of information distribution in this Country.

They have planted kids with cards to read from, anti-gun advocates in town-hall settings to ask questions approved in advance by Hillary and John Podesta, and orchestrated a false narrative that the NRA "gun lobby" is the enemy of America standing in the way of Hillary saving us from our dangerous selves.

The Podesta email leaks show it all in excruciating detail, covering years of presstitute collusion and public image control on a massive scale.

One thing is clear. She has guns at the top of her list, just after taking billions in illegal donations from foreign dictators and despots, to include shell companies for Vladimir Putin.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Where's that data?

Yes, don't vote for her.. We are all in a quagmire...
                        Last edited by sneaky one; 10-29-2016, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• dammitman
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

guess what folks?,,,,,I THINK WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT!!!!!!! oh i dont know how trump may change and affect us after awhile in charge especially after the first few mass shooting that will no doubt happen but i think he is gonna win.

Comment

• JASmith
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2014

Remember that Trump can be impeached if he strays.

The first woman president, as we saw with the first minority president, will be effectively unimpeachable because any attempt would be branded sexist or racist. We know that would give a morally corrupt person way too much temptation.

Indeed, impeachability may be the deciding factor for thinking voters who are unhappy with both candidates.
                            Last edited by JASmith; 11-03-2016, 11:09 PM.
                            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• dammitman
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2012

dang it, i am not sure again, i am still going to prepare for the worst. my absolute original post is still live and intact. it has been discussed very well, intelligently, and with a lot of different points of view including what everyone is doing to prepare thus providing ideas for those looking for such. i am glad that i have prepared as much as one could with what resources one might have. this thread will be closed i am sure about a week from now. i am glad that it has stayed open all this time just to see in one place what everyone does in THIS crowd to do the best they can to prepare, help others prepare, and give their view on what the heck prepare even means! OK, back to sizing more brass.

Comment

• kmon
                                Chieftain
                                • Feb 2015

Does news like this scare anyone else?

The U.S. government believes hackers from Russia or elsewhere may try to undermine the presidential election and is mounting an unprecedented effort to counter their cyber meddling, American officials told NBC News. The effort is being coordinated by the White House and the Department of Homeland Security, but reaches across multiple government agencies, including the CIA, the National Security Agency and other elements of the Defense Department, current and former officials say.

Comment

Working...
                                X