• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ar15hookem
    Unwashed
    • May 2016

6.5 build buffer question

I am currently building my first grendel and was wondering about buffers.

I just finished a 300 blackout build and have timing issues that may be solved with a heavier buffer to slow the bolt group down.

This got me to wondering if the grendel will need a different buffer from standard. The rifle will have an
    Alexander arms 16 inch barrel with matching bolt (5 week wait btw). I just want to head off problems at the build stage first.
  • Vasux86
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

Although several ppl run standard buffer in their Grendels, it is recommended that you run H or H2 buffer. Since you are trying to head off problems you might want to go ahead and upgrade. Besides, adding a heavier buffer will make the rifle more pleasant to shoot. So if anything, you can save you shoulder a little beating.

Comment

• jurassic
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

I use an h2 that works well with everything I shoot through it. Gas port size has a lot to do with it if your not using an adjustable gas block. With an AA barrel I'm sure it's correct.

Comment

• 762n40
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2015

Here is a configurable buffer kit, works great

Customize your AR-15's recoil management with our Configurable Buffer Kit. This kit allows you to tailor the buffer weight to your specific shooting preferences and rifle setup, enabling you to optimize recoil control and performance. Crafted with precision and versatility in mind, our configurable buffer kit includes various buffer weights and springs, providing options for fine-tuning your AR-15's recoil characteristics. Whether you prefer a softer shooting experience for precision shooting or a more robust buffer setup for rapid-fire scenarios, this kit offers the flexibility to meet your needs. Upgrade your firearm with confidence and enjoy the benefits of a personalized recoil management system with our top-quality Configurable Buffer Kit.

Comment

Working...
        X